Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

5 minute clutch mod

PAXR

Reaction score
Does anyone have a solid write up on this?

The first explanation sounds different than the picture explanation.

Is there still free play?

Reverend_d

Reaction score
there is some very little free play. I did was stack the three pennies then adjust the clutch plunger under the pedal until I had about an 1/8 inch play in the pedal. This was to make sure there was no way the clutch was engage at all when driving.

Spyke

Reaction score
Sorry for the amateur comment Spyke, but by two "pennies", do you mean you actually used pennies? I'm getting very interested in doing this within the next day or two but I want to make sure I don't screw anything up :dontknow:

Sorry for the VERY late reply but yea that is exactly it, I took the green part off and superglued two pennies on top of it and reinstalled it

for those who did the 3 pennies, could you lightly put your foot on the clutch pedal when you are accelerating, do you feel any vibration? I did, felt just like I was riding the clutch

VancouvXR

Reaction score
5. Push pedal towards top of truck (don't force), spin the square lock nut in a downward rotation until piston spins.

Can someone elaborate on what we're suppose to do for step 5? Do you push up on the bottom of it or what? Also my piston is already spinning without loosening the nuts should I just leave it?

sixstringdave

Reaction score
I have a slightly different version of this. Basically your taking the free play out of the pedal. You still need a little free play. If you had no free play, that would be similiar to riding the clutch. Free play would be the distance from the time your foot hits the pedal, until the clutch starts to disengage.

This was one of the first mods I did. It made a nice improvement in clutch action.

Yea, what up Coupe?? Tell us your method. Please!?!?!?!?

sixstringdave

Reaction score
I used McMaster Carr part number 9541K2

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/118/3758/=hm858z

This has a rubber head. I used a bench grinder and shaved the top to 5/16".

Awesome and thanks!

I am assuming that you just use a small nut to fasten it?? As in, having to buy a separate nut at the local hardware store???

And also, i would imagine that you approve of this as to not be "riding the clutch" ??

Coupe

Reaction score
The taller the spacer is, the less the "free play". If the spacer is to tall, you will ride the clutch.

I found the 5/16" a good height.

Yes you need a nut on stud to hold it into place.

RawDawgnX

Reaction score
yea i have a hard time starting my truck due im guesssing the cylinder, how do i tighten that up so i can actually do this mod and start my truck easliy????

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
You have either turned the piston too far into the cylinder and are riding the clutch, hence no start cause your not in N or you somehow hit the switch that tells the ecu the clutch is depressed.....

Does the engine try to turn over?

If so back the piston off so with the pedal completely released there is a bit of 'free play'

RawDawgnX

Reaction score
yes it turns on but i have to press the clutch really hard to get it to go and im not riding the clutch after the truck is turned on its just a hard time getting the truck started its not burning my clutch up any. just a pain to start up cause i have to push the clutch in a certain way.?

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
I made up a some of these and I still have a few left over
18a32901.jpg

If anyone wants one PM me your address and I'll send one out to you.
The furniture glides are already grinded down to just the right length so that it doesn't ride the clutch. I've had mine on for months and it still drives great, and I'm glad that all of that play is out.

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Pm sent, thank you for your help getting me to do this.
Not a problem.
Sent out 6 this afternoon and I still have three left. Anyone else want one just shoot me a PM

PAXR

Reaction score
Looking foreward to throwing it on. Thanks bro.

MRBOJANGLES

Reaction score
Just installed. Pretty easy just akward body positioning :stupid: but feels much better! thanks again!:blurock:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Got mine today. Thanks brotha.

Time to get it on and see how it feels

Top Bottom