Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

8in beats hard?

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a 8in sub that beats hard as heck without alot of space. Im thinking about redoing my system after 6yrs. I was thinking about having a custom box done where the limited 4r's have there lil sub in the back right quarter.

kayo808

Reaction score
I had the RE Audio 8" subs and i liked them better than my old 12" jls. Even though they didnt hit the lows like the 12" the 8" sounded more clean to me

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
I had the RE Audio 8" subs and i liked them better than my old 12" jls. Even though they didnt hit the lows like the 12" the 8" sounded more clean to me

guessing your 12 was in a ported box. my friend has a 12" alpine r-type that was sloppy listening to rock type music and after he switched from the ported box to a sealed it sounded super tight!

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
It depends on what kind of sound you like. If you want a clean bass subwoofer, I recommend Image Dynamics or boston. I don't know if boston makes an 8" sub though but I will look.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
I want something thats gonna sound good but when i turn it up it beats!

justin13703

Reaction score
I want something thats gonna sound good but when i turn it up it beats!

Honestly that's gonna be pretty hard. 8s are made for people who just want to add a little bass to their music, not people looking for something that is gonna pound. 6.5 inch door speakers put out almost no bass, and we're talking about something here that's just an inch and a half bigger. I've never heard of those excruci8 subwoofers posted above, but they look alright. Although the magnet looks huge so if you're concerned about space that may not work. The best thing I can say if you want an 8, is get the highest end one you can find that will fit within your space requirements, and then have a REALLY nice box built for it. A lot of the sound output from subwoofers comes from the box.

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
We put four fusion 8's In a civic trunk and it pounds, but we used 4. 8's are clean but you need a couple to pound, or a good one like addictive, audiopipe in a good box to get spl

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a 8in sub that beats hard as heck without alot of space. Im thinking about redoing my system after 6yrs. I was thinking about having a custom box done where the limited 4r's have there lil sub in the back right quarter.

if you can afford to move up to a 10" the alpine x-type sub i run pounds sooo deep and clean and only needs a .65 cubic inch sealed box but you need a really good amp running 1000 watts rms and 3000 watts peak. the magnet is massive though. don't know how much depth you can afford with your box

justin13703

Reaction score
The Alpine Type X's are sweet. If youre dead set on an 8, I dont know if this would be small enough for you, but you can pretty much trust an Alpine Type R to be one hell of a sub, even if its only an 8 inch.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gNFbzoZy3eW/p_500SWR843D/Alpine-SWR-843D.html

Put one of those in a nice, ported enclosure matched up with a good amp, and it would probably surprise you. And me lol

cwatt

Reaction score
I've been running the 8" Bazooka 250W D-class sub. It doesn't push that much air, but the durable plastic tube/enclosure and quick disconnect ability was the perfect choice for the back of my FJ. I have building materials back there right now.

So pro, clean sound
...& con, could do for some more air movement

At the end of the day, it's all about how much air you can move. There are some 8s out there that seem to have really deep bass bubbles. I know what I have isn't top quality, but it was purchased knowing that in time I would try to upgrade it.

RumRunner

Reaction score
JBL GTO 480, pounds nice, clean and tight. Awesome price. Build the box to specs and you would think it was a 10"-12". Seal it tight. For a 4-runner I would go for a bigger sub. Alot of air pressure is lost in the cabin; It's different than a pickup.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
another thing i realized in my truck is when you have a sub in a ported box the volume goes up noticeably when you roll the windows down. with my x-type there was so much air getting pushed out of the port you could feel it circulating through the cabin like a/c :laugh: i switched over to a sealed box and its night and day quieter but also tighter. much better for some quick kicking drum bass

SDXR619

Reaction score
The Image Dynamics slim 10 inch are really good. My friend has one in his 4runner in a very small box and it hits...HARD.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
JBL GTO 480, pounds nice, clean and tight. Awesome price. Build the box to specs and you would think it was a 10"-12". Seal it tight. For a 4-runner I would go for a bigger sub. Alot of air pressure is lost in the cabin; It's different than a pickup.

im tryin to keep my Cargo space. This would go where the factory JBL would have been if i had it. They placed into the rear right interior panels of the vehicle so its flush with the interior and doesnt interfere with the space

roy365

Reaction score
Ive heard a friends Gen 3 Camaro with a custom enclosure and JL Audio 8'' sound damn good years ago. I'm sure with newer technology and the right enclosure it can be achieved these days too.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
It depends on what kind of sound you like. If you want a clean bass subwoofer, I recommend Image Dynamics or boston. I don't know if boston makes an 8" sub though but I will look.

Boston got out of twelve volt audio i believe

Yes they did, that guy wouldn't know he is using a discman for his tunes...:crinklehair:

Top Bottom