Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A/C Help

nine9six

Reaction score
About a week ago my A/C started making noise when you'd turn it on. I found the part under the hood that was making the noise, and it's the compressor. It'll turn on for a few seconds, make noise, blow hot air, and then turn itself off.

After doing a good amount of searching, I've read on a number of forums that people have paid up to $3,800+ to get this fixed. Apparently you need to replace the compressor, the drier and flush everything out of the system.

Now, I don't know the first thing about A/C, other than you turn it on, and it (is supposed to) blow cold air...

I looked online and found these:

Will it work?

I think I need this.

Are these what I need to get to fix the A/C? I have a friend that has the Vacuum and Pressure-checker...thing.

Help! I bought the XR so I could get it paid-off ASAP and buy another Ducati. However, here in FL it's miserable without A/C (my '78 Camaro nor my '01 VW had A/C...I don't want to go back to that). I *really* don't want to sell the XR to start paying on a truck all over again.

Gadget

Reaction score
You should be able to get that repaired for a lot less.

My compressor failed some time ago. I got the parts from Toyota and put them in my self and then took it to my friends shop that vacuumed it down and recharged it. Been working great since.

I will tell you that the compressor is very expensive, but the good thing is that you can get that compressor from other sources now. It is a Denso part

The dryer is 478-1500 Denso

I can't find the compressor part number.

G

nine9six

Reaction score
Okay, I found the Drier by Denso. I found someone Denso Compressors, but not sure if they'll fit my truck.

Most of the compressor results I get are Delphi, and I can snag one that I know will fit my truck for pretty cheap. Is there a reason to stay away from Delphi? I'm trying to find a Part # for a Denso, but Google and I are seemingly at odds with each other right now...

Click Me

That Delphi has a "Customers also bought this..." and it's the Denso Drier Gadget was referring to. Are they going to get along like peas and carrots?

Thanks in advance to whomever replies.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with delphi, but I would imagine that oem is denso so that would be the reason why gadget used them as a reference.

Bump it to the top to help a friend out.

Top Bottom