Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

a night at the track

gearhead899

Reaction score
well I borrowed my buddies track wheel set up from his mustang. 15" wheels with fat ET streets on back and skinnies on the front. before tonight my best time was 14.5 @ 97mph with a 2.0 60'. had a bit of a rough time trying to figure out how to launch it just right with the track tires on it... unfortunately I only got 2 passes and my best 60' was still only a 2.0 :thumbdown: however it did run a 14.20 @ 97mph.... not sure how I managed to run .3 faster with the same 60' and trap speed lol but im really happy with it! I know damn well the truck has 13s in it on the current set up as soon as I dial in my launch technique.... plus it looked sick on the track wheels and tires.... so much loooooow :crinklehair:

get-attachmentwq_zpsd3013491.jpg

get-attachmentmn_zpsbde23ba7.jpg

get-attachmentm_zpsbc42ef1d.jpg

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
if your truck rides anything like mine does with the blocks in the back you're probably getting some nasty wheel hop which makes launching a nightmare! i'm trying out a new suspension system for the leafs to hopefully get rid of the wheel hop cause its driving me insane! also feels like i'm bottoming out when i do a really quick 1-2 shift at redline. axle wrap sucks!!

Mr.X

Reaction score
What are your mods? It doesn't show on my phone

gearhead899

Reaction score
if your truck rides anything like mine does with the blocks in the back you're probably getting some nasty wheel hop which makes launching a nightmare! i'm trying out a new suspension system for the leafs to hopefully get rid of the wheel hop cause its driving me insane! also feels like i'm bottoming out when i do a really quick 1-2 shift at redline. axle wrap sucks!!
actually I don't have a wheel hop issue at all surprisingly
What are your mods? It doesn't show on my phone
dtlt, urd y pipe, flomaster 40, urd intake, urd maf cal

MadToy

Reaction score
Is that Atco? If so, worse thing there is having to drive through the water box, rather than the option to go around it. Are you doing a burn out with those tires?

gearhead899

Reaction score
Is that Atco? If so, worse thing there is having to drive through the water box, rather than the option to go around it. Are you doing a burn out with those tires?
yeah atco. this past year they tore down the wall so now you can drive around the water box. and yeah did a decent burnout with them on.
13s????????.. don't think so. Not N/a.
I figure it should be possible with a good launch. I should be able to pull a 1.8 60' with that wheel set up and if so it will be VERY close to hitting 13s :top:

gearhead899

Reaction score
Lemme know next time u go....I gotta do a couple
for sure buddy! hopefully ill be going again soon. even if I don't still have my buddies track wheels and tires, I did acquire a set of 15" stock alloys from my buddies 91 mr2. so im planning on buying some radials for them :crinklehair:

Reaction score
Just keep me posted,I might be able to get us in for free...I wanna see if my bros truck was faster in the 1/4 than my wrx

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
This is quite so. ^^^ We have plenty of boosted people who are in the high 13's. Just can't get out of the hole.

STONER-X

Reaction score
This is quite so. ^^^ We have plenty of boosted people who are in the high 13's. Just can't get out of the hole.

Hay now.. I don't want to talk about that. Lol jk... She is high 12s at heart ;) her driver has short legs..

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hay now.. I don't want to talk about that. Lol jk... She is high 12s at heart ;) her driver has short legs..

No hard feelings bro. :) My best time was a 13.5. Should be in the 11's with the power it had. Messed up trans, and street tires, and not near enough practice FTW!!!

STONER-X

Reaction score
No hard feelings bro. :) My best time was a 13.5. Should be in the 11's with the power it had. Messed up trans, and street tires, and not near enough practice FTW!!!

None taken lol

Top Bottom