Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A question for people in Jacksonville Fl

Fish_On

Reaction score
I don't mind working at my house or a buddies on my truck. But when it comes to something a little more "complicated" I would rather take it to a shop. I need somewhere to install my xII street drop. 5th gear, who used to do my suspensions, lost their suspension guy. And 4wheelparts will only work on your vehicle if they provide the suspension. Any ideas?

Jaxpiercer904

Reaction score
The XII should be pretty easy to do as long as you have a spring tool, advanced auto parts will lend u one for free I believe, I know a few other XR owners in Jax that are great mechanics that would be more than willing to help u install em

BondXII

Reaction score
The XII should be pretty easy to do as long as you have a spring tool, advanced auto parts will lend u one for free I believe, I know a few other XR owners in Jax that are great mechanics that would be more than willing to help u install em

True. You sorta "buy" the tools, but you get your money back when you bring them back.

I don't mind working at my house or a buddies on my truck. But when it comes to something a little more "complicated" I would rather take it to a shop. I need somewhere to install my xII street drop. 5th gear, who used to do my suspensions, lost their suspension guy. And 4wheelparts will only work on your vehicle if they provide the suspension. Any ideas?

What are you doing Saturday afternoon? :)

Last edited:

Jaxpiercer904

Reaction score
There ya go! ^ drive up and have XII help u , I'm sure they've installed those a few times lol

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
Yeah I'd say we have installed our share..LOL..we are a couple miles off exit 3 on I95 in ga. Only about 30 miles from jax. You can bring it to us either later Saturday afternoon or Sunday. We can install it free of charge.

BondXII

Reaction score
Hey Fish...didn't we see you at Cars and Coffee (not the past one that was basically rained out, but the one before)? We walked over to your X, but no one was around. As the SCCA gang was trying to figure out what to do for lunch, you got in the truck and drove off. Didn't even get a chance to say hey. :blurock:

Fish_On

Reaction score
I am working Saturday, and off Friday/Sunday. I am off both Saturday and Sunday next weekend though. XII is out of south ga? No crap how awesome! And my apologies, I was walking all over the place and then some FRS guys started talking my buddies head off and I was kinda stuck there. He had the black FRS parked beside me. EDIT: I can make it sunday for sure. PM me contact information and an address. Incredible customer service for sure. Way stoked to take this to you and learn how its done properly. Whats SCCA?

BondXII

Reaction score
LOL. No worries. We can relate to that. All in good fun. In a couple weeks from now, you can go to the next CnC...moar low. :biggrin:

SCCA is the Sports Car Club of America. We autocross our X-Runner (where a lot of the R&D comes from) as well as our little Toy (09 2 door Yaris with a ton of mods). A ton of fun, addicting, and gets expensive. LOL. It's actually a cheap sport to get into as long as you stay away from the mods. $35 for SCCA members for each event. BUT, then you find out about better tires, suspenion, safety equipment, engine mods, even better tires, light weight rims, etc etc. You can see how the $35 is the least of your worries. :crinklehair:

Fish_On

Reaction score
Awesome. Well I am excited to meet you Sunday if that works out for you guys. I wanna autox my truck sooo bad but oil starvation scares the living day lights out of me and I dont want to put the deep oil pan on there while I am still under warranty and have toyota screw me if something goes wrong. But I really wanna immerse myself with that sport and get started sooner than later. Ive put a decent amount of mods on my truck so far and next after this suspension is some rpf1s on good tires

BondXII

Reaction score
www.buccaneerregion.org

That's the site for our local region here. The region is quite large and we split it in two. There are the Coastal Empire guys up in Savannah and us in Jax. Once a year the two divisions get together for a "North-South Shootout". Tons of fun. We do it up in Roebling Road Raceway. The Jax SOLO group has two events coming up. We will be at the Amelia Airport on March 23rd and then Gainesville (the road coarse portion) on April 6th. And of course we'll be at CnC, trying to recruit more drivers for the events.

The oil starvation issue is not as much of a concern with autocross as it is with drifting or full speed road course that would have the oil to one side for a matter of time. Everything happens so fast in autocross that oil doesn't get the chance to stay anywhere very long. LOL.

BondXII

Reaction score
Looks like today is the day for moah low. :)

Stay tuned.

Reaction score
Well Bond, I do have a few parts that need to go on soon that you may or may not know how to install :rolleyez:

Fish_On

Reaction score
Oh man... Angry we can convoy up there I wanna see some more things get put on! The moar low happened yesterday for me muhaha

Jaxpiercer904

Reaction score
I'm getting my street drop kit in a week or so, let's convoy up there and have an install day

Fish_On

Reaction score
Im always down. I work not this saturday but next. Other than that just working m-f daytime

Jeremias

Reaction score
What is everybody doing at the end of the month? I have some stuff to get rid of. Maybe some of you can take it off my hands.

Top Bottom