Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

All Trd 4.0 S/c Videos

Bobby B

Reaction score
No, you should not swap over unless you want way less power.

Gadget

Thats all I needed to hear. I remember Gadget posting that the Small Rotrex S/C had enough reserve left to blow the stock 1gr to pieces! I wonder if the TRD does?

Jonathan

Reaction score
Thats all I needed to hear. I remember Gadget posting that the Small Rotrex S/C had enough reserve left to blow the stock 1gr to pieces! I wonder if the TRD does?

the rotrex unit is only rated to 350 hp crank. i overspun my blower considerably to get it to 9.5 psi according to rotrex. :dontknow: you can double check that on their site.

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
the rotrex unit is only rated to 350 hp crank. i overspun my blower considerably to get it to 9.5 psi according to rotrex. :dontknow: you can double check that on their site.
Yeah Spyder blew his s/c when he was at 350whp...

The question is what is the TRD blower rated at? Maybe 8-9psi will be too much for it too...

All I know is that a GT35r is rated for like 700whp :biggrin:

Jonathan

Reaction score
Yeah Spyder blew his s/c when he was at 350whp...

The question is what is the TRD blower rated at? Maybe 8-9psi will be too much for it too...

its the same blower that was on the v8 SC- theres plenty of room to play with in there.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
If the TRD blower had a pulley out to raise the boost/power id be sold on it.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Think the TRD blower with 8-9 pounds will put down the same HP or more then URD? We know it will make the power sooner but if its the same or more then that will be sick!

The TRD's fit & finish does look very sexy. With the TRD Intake it would look even better. If we can get it to make the same or more power then URD then im def. sold.

Last edited:

Nicodemus454

Reaction score
im confident that my setup as is will be quicker then the URD stage II.. its too fast not to be.. full boost at redline is just too little to late. where as i've BEEN at full boost the entire race

Nicodemus454

Reaction score
I would like over 300 HP from TRD.
Figure this much: the official numbers on the kit at the crank is 305 hp.. add a Y pipe and catback that's another 15 hp. 320 at the crank is NOT a far cry from 300 to the wheels

Jonathan

Reaction score
Figure this much: the official numbers on the kit at the crank is 305 hp.. add a Y pipe and catback that's another 15 hp. 320 at the crank is NOT a far cry from 300 to the wheels

plus headers....which puts out more usuable power than both the catback and y pipe......plus an intake.......plus 8 psi, i think ill be deep in the 300's with a little testing on my test truck.

i still have some water injection laying around too:biggrin:

Nicodemus454

Reaction score
plus headers....which puts out more usuable power than both the catback and y pipe......plus an intake.......plus 8 psi, i think ill be deep in the 300's with a little testing on my test truck.

i still have some water injection laying around too:biggrin:

im sure the headers and a tune alone will be over 300 rwhp

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to take a second and thank everyone for the great information on this thread. We obviously have to kits going "head-to-head", and you guys are keeping the information as factual as possible to help people make educated decisions.

Thanks, and keep it coming! I look forward to seeing some dyno numbers.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I have the URD Y and Catback. I would like the headers but they are LOUD with this setup. Would I be better off putting the stock exhaust back on and installing headers? Or would this be to restrictive for when I go FI?

utixrunner

Reaction score
some are running 2 mufflers with that setup to make it bearable but Im not sure if they were boosted or not

Nicodemus454

Reaction score
i still dont think dyno's will tell the whole story... of course the aftermarket is going to make the most power. but it's WHERE the power is made in a race that makes the difference

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
i still dont think dyno's will tell the whole story... of course the aftermarket is going to make the most power. but it's WHERE the power is made in a race that makes the difference

URD is ovb going to make more peak whp but like you said the roots boost comes in fast... And a stage 2 URD will pull on a TRD truck. What we need is a TRD s/c truck and a stage 1 URD s/c truck to go at it from a dig, 10 roll, 45 roll, and 65 roll.

Super Werty

Reaction score
and then a "stage II" TRD vs stage II URD from a dig, 10 roll, 45 roll, and 65 roll:rock:

Jonathan

Reaction score
I have the URD Y and Catback. I would like the headers but they are LOUD with this setup. Would I be better off putting the stock exhaust back on and installing headers? Or would this be to restrictive for when I go FI?

if your going FI, toss in a small resonator, and slap the headers on. the gains are worth it with FI IMO.

jon

Top Bottom