Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

anybody have any experience with these?

nick_gz1

Reaction score
never heard of that, not to fond of the material on the outside but you could always change that

OOsoBlueX09

Reaction score
Yea the carpet is not an issue its the build quality and material I'm thinking about. Its a pretty good price but if its made out of crap there's no sense in it.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
I was doing a lil searching around because i want to re-configure my system and came across this. Anybody heard of them before?

https://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/3063

its a good price but it looks like a .8 cubic ft. ported enclosure which is way to small for most subs. better sized for a sealed enclosure. also ya its cheap but you can build your own for a lot less and build to the proper size for your specific sub and cover it with something a little more appealing

OOsoBlueX09

Reaction score
Yes it is small but a 10" W6 has a ported airspace of .75 per JL's specs. I fully agree with you on building one for cheaper and to spec but living in a townhouse with no work space makes that task a little difficult. Plus Im looking to buy everything and be able to just put it in when I come home from Korea.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Yes it is small but a 10" W6 has a ported airspace of .75 per JL's specs. I fully agree with you on building one for cheaper and to spec but living in a townhouse with no work space makes that task a little difficult. Plus Im looking to buy everything and be able to just put it in when I come home from Korea.

wow ya that is a small ported space. my 10" is supposed to have a 1.4 cubic ft ported space but only a .65 cubic ft sealed space

OOsoBlueX09

Reaction score
wow ya that is a small ported space. my 10" is supposed to have a 1.4 cubic ft ported space but only a .65 cubic ft sealed space
I emailed then to see if I can get some more info on there airspace and is its mdf or not? So we shall see if the get back to me.

OOsoBlueX09

Reaction score
So i heard back from the shop thats makes these boxes and he said they use MDF and they are sealed even though the picture shows it being ported. He said he can do custom work for any style sub so.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
I emailed then to see if I can get some more info on there airspace and is its mdf or not? So we shall see if the get back to me.

ya you definitely want mdf. preferably 3/4" but for the sub your thinking about 5/8" will be fine and make sure the box is sealed with a caulking on the inside joints. also getting the size of the box right is very important. i experamented with a bunch of different boxes and it makes a huge difference if you're even .2 cubic ft off

Last edited:

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
pretty badass idea though! although my '05 just has one full bench seat lol so it wouldn't fit my truck. i originally was going to make a box like that but got too lazy haha

Phil Dammit

Reaction score
I prefer 5ply over mdf, as for box size when doing sealed enclosures running smaller will give you tighter bass but will work the driver harder.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
I prefer 5ply over mdf, as for box size when doing sealed enclosures running smaller will give you tighter bass but will work the driver harder.

is 5ply denser than mdf? cause most plywood i've ever used is nowhere near as dense or heavy as mdf. definitely right about sealed enclosures being tighter. night and day difference! ported enclosures are much louder and produce a slightly deeper bass tone while also requiring much less power to run. also prolonging the life of your sub because it does not move nowhere near as much as it does in a sealed enclosure

Top Bottom