Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

anyone make or have an under the seat sub?

blu xr

Reaction score
was looking to add a sub, but need the room in the back. was wondering if anyone here has a sub under the seat. was looking to put the amp under the other seat as well. anyone done this or is there something ready to buy & install? thx in advance.

X_Less

Reaction score
There are already powered subs that will fit under the seat... Kicker and a few other brands make them.

Here's kicker

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_20611HS8/Kicker-11HS8.html?tp=114

From XRunRob

imag1290.jpg

imag1291.jpg

imag1325x.jpg

imag1326.jpg

imag1327x.jpg

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-49527.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/184030-under-seat-subs.html
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PT/Sound-Ordnance-B-8PT.html?tp=114

blu xr

Reaction score
^ thx for the info...didnt know they had these.

so you have one? how do they sound?

Outburst

Reaction score
a friend of mine had that installed in his old s10. it definitely produces some bass, but don't expect something punchy at all.

nick_gz1

Reaction score
yea what bout moving the seat around, if its connected under there it dont pull on anything? also looks like if you have passengers more than likely their feet are going to be resting on the wires sticking out the back. obviously their going to be tucked under a mat but it looks like the feet would be hitting the back of that sub.

X_Less

Reaction score
^ thx for the info...didnt know they had these.

so you have one? how do they sound?

I don't :( but wishful thinking has had me looking into things I'd like to do to my truck.

Outburst

Reaction score
yea what bout moving the seat around, if its connected under there it dont pull on anything? also looks like if you have passengers more than likely their feet are going to be resting on the wires sticking out the back. obviously their going to be tucked under a mat but it looks like the feet would be hitting the back of that sub.

plenty of people have amps underneath the seat including myself. a small sub underneath the seat wouldn't bother a thing :top:

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
i have that kicker sub...it fills in what the factory system is missing for sure. its not gonna rattle windows though

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
^^^^ man you got VHS in your rig:biggrin: that shiz is bumpin......:blurock:

X-Caliber

Reaction score
Damn man, those hide-away subs under the back seats are BA. I might have to steal this idea one day!

Almostraw12

Reaction score
I have a similar set up but under both seats I'll post pictures later

BigTuna

Reaction score
I was looking into putting something under my seat for space as well, but once i saw the kicker sub in person, and what i cost, i knew i wouldn't be happy. Ended up going with this pioneer 10" in a sealed box

TS-SWX251

It fits perfectly behind the driver seat and almost comes up flush with the back seat. It sounds really good for a single 10" and in the rare occasion that i would ever have someone sitting behind me, i can move it to the floor of the front passenger and it wouldn't be in the way.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
For a access cab. JL makes a stealth box that goes under the console but only downfall is the $600 and you have to cut up the console.

image-2971868710.jpg

justin13703

Reaction score
There's still a couple guys that make the sub-x style boxes I think. I have one from back when subbin was a vendor and I love the damn thing lol. The only problem is you gotta pull it out if you ever need to flip the back seats open. Maybe now though someone has a design that fixes that...

dcorn24

Reaction score
did the 7kv2 produce a nice punch or just support base? I'd love to do an under the seat setup like that but still want a good sound too.

Top Bottom