Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone running Nitto Nt555's?

Murderface

Reaction score
So my Nitto Invos are shot to the point I can't drive in the rain for fear of crashing, there's no where for the rain to go now that there's no spaces between the tread blocks.

Who's running the Nitto NT555's? How do they stick? Are they noisy? Do u think u will get close to 30K outta them?

Thx in advance

STONER-X

Reaction score
i have them!!

love them... i have gotten 35k so far...

noise has gotten louder since the tread has gotten lower

how did you llike the invos.... that was my next choice for more grip...

darthyota

Reaction score
I have nt05's and they're super sticky and quiet but I don't know if youd get that many miles out of them

Murderface

Reaction score
Only got 15K outta the Invos but partially due to bad camber because I don't think they adjusted the camber last time I had the alignment done. When I tried to take the camber bolt out after the alignment it was frozen in place and took me about 15-20 minutes to free it up.

I'll never buy them again and they hydroplane pretty bad in anything deeper then 1/4" of rain. It has scared me a few times

darthyota

Reaction score
john i dont know what kind of wet weather performance your looking for but a 1/4" of standing water is a lot to have on the road, not to mention that most performace tires dont even have that for tread depth

shook

Reaction score
I'm running the NITTO NT555, and I like them. I had the INVO before these, and the NT555 are a little noisier, but nothing unbareable. So far they seem to be pretty good on grip, I haven't tried too hard to find out how much they can handle. I went with them because it was a little cheaper, harder compound which I hope will last longer, and they had the perfect size for my setup.

RMCO

Reaction score
So my Nitto Invos are shot to the point I can't drive in the rain for fear of crashing, there's no where for the rain to go now that there's no spaces between the tread blocks.

Who's running the Nitto NT555's? How do they stick? Are they noisy? Do u think u will get close to 30K outta them?

Thx in advance

What size tire are you looking for? I've never run the NT555's personally but I've read that they weren't all that hot in the rain.

Murderface

Reaction score
john i dont know what kind of wet weather performance your looking for but a 1/4" of standing water is a lot to have on the road, not to mention that most performace tires dont even have that for tread depth

The Invos have 2 very deep rain channels that are deeper then 1/4" so I was surprised when I was hydroplaning on such shallow puddles. I don't drive like a nut in the rain and I'm just wanting to know if the NT555's have any issues with hydroplaning? I understand that when the water is deep any tire will hydroplane but I need something better then the Invos and will last longer then 15K and under 2 years like these have.

What size tire are you looking for? I've never run the NT555's personally but I've read that they weren't all that hot in the rain.

I was looking at 2 sizes, stock 255/45R18's and possibly 275/40R18's both on the stock rims. I'm also not sure if the 275's are too wide and will end up having too much sidewall flex. If the do or possibly can then obviously I'll stick with the stock size. Don't get me wrong the dry traction of the Invos was great and probably the best I've had recently but I need them to last longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I've got them too. Mine are pretty much shot at this point but I got close to 40k out of them. I really don't have many complaints about them. Gonna run them again, so that should say something.....

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Im running the nt555s as well and I love them. They actually got me through the entire winter with only a couple of days that I couldnt move it out of the driveway but hey, theyre performance tires not winters.

Ive got about 25k miles on them with plenty of tread left after some pretty rough driving, and I never hear these tires unless theyre chirpin. Haha. Ill be buying them again.

triumphx

Reaction score
I thought about running these as well, I have bfg kdw2's right now and love them except for the rain. I'd go with them again but they dont have the size to suit my needs when i get new wheels

Slay0r

Reaction score
i have them...actually on both sets of wheels that i had on my X. They have a great tread rating and are close in comparison to their drag radials with the same pattern. Just a stickier compound for the DRs

STONER-X

Reaction score
I was looking at 2 sizes, stock 255/45R18's and possibly 275/40R18's both on the stock rims. I'm also not sure if the 275's are too wide and will end up having too much sidewall flex. If the do or possibly can then obviously I'll stick with the stock size. Don't get me wrong the dry traction of the Invos was great and probably the best I've had recently but I need them to last longer.

i can tell you my 285's are not to great for the twists on a stock rim... they have never slipped out on me but you can feel the flex for sure....

straight line they are a blast!!

i have them...actually on both sets of wheels that i had on my X. They have a great tread rating and are close in comparison to their drag radials with the same pattern. Just a stickier compound for the DRs

the DR's have a tread ware of 140 compaired to the 300 on the street tires....

Last edited:

5000XD

Reaction score
Not to thread jack, but what is the fattest tire we can run on these stock rims? Will be looking in the Nitto's myself this time.

I have 30k on my truck and almost need to replace the second set of potenzas.

triumphx

Reaction score
If you like corners i wouldnt go more than 255's. If you dont mind sidewall flex than probably 275's but its gonna look a bit too much tire

Slay0r

Reaction score
like mike said, he HAS run 285's on stockers, but theres a point of diminishing returns. You will feel flex in the sidewalls under heavy cornering. I personally really wouldnt go over 265, but thats just me

hiflyer

Reaction score
I thought about running these as well, I have bfg kdw2's right now and love them except for the rain. I'd go with them again but they dont have the size to suit my needs when i get new wheels

Really? I've been rockin the KDW's for 5 years and LOVE them in the rain - no hydroplaining, nothing but grip !

At least that's been my experience...

Murderface

Reaction score
Well I guess I'll stick with stock width then thx for all the info!

STONER-X

Reaction score
Not to thread jack, but what is the fattest tire we can run on these stock rims? Will be looking in the Nitto's myself this time.

I have 30k on my truck and almost need to replace the second set of potenzas.

285/40/18.......

but read what i said earlier...

Top Bottom