Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

APR T56 Swap!!!!!!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not think the e-lock will work. T100 will.

I also recently found a remote bleeding line for the TOB. I am going to upgrade to that. Will make things much much easier.

Last edited:

turbomach1

Reaction score
seen them also. read in your build that you had trouble with the bleed screw. what happen to your tob? can you post a pic of it?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Bleed screw was just a really pain to deal with since you have to use a socket and ratchet. In the fairly confined space.

With a remote bleeding line, it would make it so much less a hassle. I will try to find it again.

Here it is:

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/T56-Release-Bearing-Remote-Bleeder,41385.html

seen them also. read in your build that you had trouble with the bleed screw. what happen to your tob? can you post a pic of it?

I would if i had a camera that worked. My only one, on my phone, recently stopped working. So no pics.

The bearing basically came apart. The seals and what not. The bearing would wobble to much and I could feel it in the clutch pedal, when it was depressed fully.

Currently I am looking at the www.Mcleodracingcom throw out bearing. I just need to do a little more research to make sure which one i need.

Last edited:

turbomach1

Reaction score
got the shifter in yesterday. first thing i noticed was the bolts that hold it together were sticking out the bottom mount plate. this would cause it not to sit flush on the transmission. they were sticking out .070 inch. so i toke them out and cut them down so that they were below the surface of the plate. thank gagdet for the hook up.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 111
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 101
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 99
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 109
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 93

Gadget

Reaction score
There may have been a second washer under the head of the bolts. Can't remember.

G

turbomach1

Reaction score
There may have been a second washer under the head of the bolts. Can't remember.

G
it was a easy fix. thanks again for sell it to me.

got a call little while ago. transmission will be delivered around 6:30 tonight. :rockon:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
And i know the anticipation builds!!!!!

turbomach1

Reaction score
:biggrin:got the transmission in yesterday from yellow frieght. lots of box used to pack it in lol. test fitted couple of apr stuff. lines up great. toke the stock f-body shifter off to send to apr to get the spare shifter made up. one more piece of the puzzle done. now i am looking for a 3rd member.
will any of the v6 4runner work? 88-08 years? looking around it seems that they are all the same. 8" 30 spline. seem the 4 cylinder 3rd member are 26 spline

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 94
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 111
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 99
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 93
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 97
  • photo 6.jpg
    photo 6.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 117

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Look at all of those goodies! Makes me remember how good it felt once I picked up my transmission.

I believe the 3rd member out of the '05+ models, with a 4.10:1 will fit. The 3rd out of the '05 Pre/4x4 will fit, w/3.73:1.

Blackx-runner has a 4.30 I believe, out of a Tundra or T100. You should ask him.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just talked with Lee at www.Mcleodracing.com, about their hydraulic throw out bearing, to replace the AC Delco one. Seems very promising. Even discussed have a remote bleed line installed, instead of the pain in the ass AC Delco one. I just need to take some pictures of the components, with some measurements, and we will see what transpires.

It will be a nice upgrade though. Trust that.

turbomach1

Reaction score
Landcruiser will not work either because it's a 9.5

Torspd, what kind of price they giving you on it?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
On the Mcleod TOB? Most likely the website price. We didn't discuss that yet.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
More precise than the factory AC Delco one. Plus it can have a remote bleeder.

But, that does mean it is about twice the cost of the whole AC Delco slave/TOB.

After my snafu with mine going out, this is what i am going to try.

turbomach1

Reaction score
Take a few pics of this install. I am also curious on how long the hose is and where you mount the remote end of the hose. I would like to add this.

will do. just need the third member and clutch before i can start. found a few on ttora.com but wait for the forum to let me post. fingers crossed

Top Bottom