Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Super Werty

Reaction score
I think it's finally time to bring this over to XRU for the people who dont watch the shenanigans on CT lol:laugh:

http://www.customtacos.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=152407&page=4

Basically if you have an X1... APR will make this for you...you pick the turbo. Dont know really much about it other than it looks top notch.:top:

So far...on 93 pump @ 12psi

Flowing 414grams @ 5900
476.1 hp
423 torque

76426727.jpg

eb7de055.jpg

d99c4df4.jpg

925b96c1.jpg

4cdb49d1.jpg

843ee78c.jpg

a18d9d28.jpg

9b7e67a6.jpg

Last edited:

triumphx

Reaction score
Beeeeuuuttiful! looks similar to my custom kit except for mines a mid mount.

Slay0r

Reaction score
mother of god....

it does exist. How bout them X-1s now:top:

Slay0r

Reaction score
edit- lookin at that again,...would that "exhaust" setup pass emissions?

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
No, but really most aren't. oh and on the X1, according to someone the X2 is out LOL!

X-roller

Reaction score
Holy hell... that is a big turbo looks like a 67 trim.... interesting that they are using the same set up as MKI kit....

Price is gonna be stupid expensive I bet.

Last edited:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
It looks purdy, but Id rather have a front mount. I just don't like it that close to the ground.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The muffler will make you pass the 91 dB sound test. The turbo itself on this setup will have a very destinctive "whirl" sound. Not for the senstive eared individuals. Lol. I speak from my own experience, not from hearing this kit personally.

Running E85, you won't have to worry about passing a sniffer test. The visual test though, is another story. There are solutions to that as well though. :top:

Toon714

Reaction score
It looks purdy, but Id rather have a front mount. I just don't like it that close to the ground.

i agree with u too. :top: front mount seems way safer.

but that apr turbo kit is bad ass! looks flawless on all the fabbing. :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy hell... that is a big turbo.... interesting that they are using the same set up as MKI kit....

Water to air is efficient, but looking at the design, it looks like it creates a scenario for very little turbulence across the MAF sensor.

triumphx

Reaction score
I agree, a drop kit went out the window when my turbo sits 8" off the ground. got a buddy working on a skid plate for me though!

Murderface

Reaction score
If ur motors not fully built I highly doubt that much power will last long. It does look very nice but I too like Donny would rather have a front mount specially since we sit so low. All it takes is running over 1 hub cap and who knows what it will destroy? Wonder why they went with air to water instead of air to air? Because our MAFS can only handle so much gps?

Nice job APR!!

X-roller

Reaction score
The only 2 things I don't like about the kit are:

1. Turbo is a rear mount which makes it a big problem because our trucks sit low and water will be a problem

2. The L coupler that they have that leads into the intercooler.... Why? Because that coupler is gonna expand under boost which can cause loss in power

Other than that it looks top notch but I can almost guarantee it won't be worth the cost.

gsxrdoug

Reaction score
So whats a price tag on something like that? More than a Super Charger?

Murderface

Reaction score
So whats a price tag on something like that? More than a Super Charger?

$6-8(Butters guess) plus the cost of an X-1, 7th injector and fuel pump upgrade. I'm sure it will include injectors with it but doubt spark plugs like the blower kits do.

Top Bottom