Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

APR X-1

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
I've been looking at investing into an X-1 however a few threads on multiple sites i've come across as that they arent yet compatible with the 2009 Tacoma's. Gadget has verified this but I could not reply due to his inbox being full..

Curious if anyone knows if APR has any news about making a compatible X-1 for the 09's or if a harness is gonna be developed so us 09+ owners can purchase and install an X-1 unit.

Gadget

Reaction score
It does not look like any time soon. Sorry.

The problem is that the connector plugs are not available to the aftermarket. It is a Toyota exclusive item. You can order the plug that go on the end of the wire harness from the Toyota parts counter. They are very expensive that way, but what you can't get is the part called the header that is built into the ECU.

I am sure that as soon as something is worked out, we can make an announcement about it.

G

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I want an X1 too...I have money but want one at a good price so i havent chewed on it yet. :frown:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I want an X1 too...I have money but want one at a good price so i havent chewed on it yet. :frown:

Like me?!?! Haha! Paid a totaly of $824 for everything! SO WORTH IT! Haha! And yes, this is me bragging...CAUSE I CAN! :eviltongue:

nine9six

Reaction score
Like me?!?! Haha! Paid a totaly of $824 for everything! SO WORTH IT! Haha! And yes, this is me bragging...CAUSE I CAN! :eviltongue:

haha, that's awesome. If I came across that, I'd get it too. :biggrin:

RossK35

Reaction score
Swap your motor :crinklehair:
you know that's actually a really good idea, but you could just change the engine harness and computer. Then you would have to get the computer reprogrammed from toyota, so it would recognize the vin and key fob and whatever else it needs. Also as long as the connector (s) that are different are infact for the engine harness not for the cab harness that plugs into the computer.

Top Bottom