Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Atempting Plasi Dip Stockers

PAXR

Reaction score
$6 a can in Harrisburg, Pa.

This is not paint, for those above that refer to it as paint or are afraid to do it on a new vehicle. It is more like a vinyl product when it cures. You can peel it right back off, in a complete sheet. Just so long as you do not sand or heavily prep the surface, then it will really bond.

On a durability scale I give it a 10. I have this as my evo mod. Has been 8 months now and not a nick, chip, or peel. And that is on the front of the truck.

As for wheels it is awesome. My buddy plasti'd his ram 2500 wheels. Goes offroad, snow, slush, no issues at all. 2 nice things about this process, if it does chip you can just touch it up, if it gets real bad just peel it off and spray it again.

Bad thing about powdercoat, it chips the tiniest bit and then it all starts to come off, $90 a wheel down the drain.

Make your own choices, but plastidip is awesome.

Raiden06BSP

Reaction score
$6 a can in Harrisburg, Pa.

This is not paint, for those above that refer to it as paint or are afraid to do it on a new vehicle. It is more like a vinyl product when it cures. You can peel it right back off, in a complete sheet. Just so long as you do not sand or heavily prep the surface, then it will really bond.

On a durability scale I give it a 10. I have this as my evo mod. Has been 8 months now and not a nick, chip, or peel. And that is on the front of the truck.

As for wheels it is awesome. My buddy plasti'd his ram 2500 wheels. Goes offroad, snow, slush, no issues at all. 2 nice things about this process, if it does chip you can just touch it up, if it gets real bad just peel it off and spray it again.

Bad thing about powdercoat, it chips the tiniest bit and then it all starts to come off, $90 a wheel down the drain.

Make your own choices, but plastidip is awesome.

6 bucks a can here in el paso and the main reason why I did it was because I could take it off if I wanted to

Raiden06BSP

Reaction score
Just a good clean up with wheel cleaner, scrub brush, and soap and water

bluuge

Reaction score
I'll be doing this this week for sure. snap some pics with em on the truck?

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
Looks nice. Did they have plasti dip in colors where you bought yours?

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
Baggins44 said:
Is it available in different colors?

The can I have says it comes in other colors. I'm not real sure that's why I was asking.

Edit** it says the available colors are white clear black and red.

Raiden06BSP

Reaction score
I was running out of light so I did one side and took before and after pics. Yes I got the rest done after I took the pics. I'm very pleased with the look now. Don't mind the dirty truck. Every time I wash it it rains and out here in the sand it make the truck look so dirty. Next weekend I think i'm gonna do the EVO mod to see how well it holds up on the front of the truck and if it does good then maybe this summer before it starts snowing in NY I might plasti dip the whole truck with the kit you can get off of www.dipyourcar.com for $265 bucks.

Before

IMG_2045.jpg

After

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

Those actually....look pretty good. I would like those colored rims on my black X, but I cant pull myself to do that on a brand new truck...ill have to give it a few years. *sigh* but they truly look good.

Thats the best part about plasti dip. Just clean your rims real good and don't sand or scuff them at all. If you don't like the out come or just get tired of the look it just peels right off and you are back to factory color. :top:

Last edited:

PAXR

Reaction score
Looks awesome. I did the evo mod with it 8 months ago, not a chip or mark on it. I'll be doing my wheels very soon.

The key to the wheels is to do the backs and insides heavy as well. They need to be encapsulated to hold up best.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I would love to do this to my rims. The matte black look matched with the RR paint would look awesome. Too bad its 20$ a can here :canada:

Xrunner Drifter

Reaction score
I would love to do this to my rims. The matte black look matched with the RR paint would look awesome. Too bad its 20$ a can here :canada:

Find out what the cost would be for someone near you (stateside) to buy and ship to u, what u need. 

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
Raiden06BSP said:
I was running out of light so I did one side and took before and after pics. Yes I got the rest done after I took the pics. I'm very pleased with the look now. Don't mind the dirty truck. Every time I wash it it rains and out here in the sand it make the truck look so dirty. Next weekend I think i'm gonna do the EVO mod to see how well it holds up on the front of the truck and if it does good then maybe this summer before it starts snowing in NY I might plasti dip the whole truck with the kit you can get off of www.dipyourcar.com for $265 bucks.

Before

After

Thats the best part about plasti dip. Just clean your rims real good and don't sand or scuff them at all. If you don't like the out come or just get tired of the look it just peels right off and you are back to factory color. :top:

Do you think it would come off or get dinged up while getting a tire mounted or has any one had experience with this?

bluuge

Reaction score
def doing this mod this weekend... super pleased of how they look on the truck. it'll limp me along til I save for rims.

Raiden06BSP

Reaction score
Do you think it would come off or get dinged up while getting a tire mounted or has any one had experience with this?

I would recommend that you have the tires mounted and balanced before you paint. It's durible but not when you grab the wheel with a tire machine or put it on a balancer.

PAXR

Reaction score
I would recommend that you have the tires mounted and balanced before you paint. It's durible but not when you grab the wheel with a tire machine or put it on a balancer.

I agree, mounting will def jack this stuff up. If your not careful putting them back on your lugs they can rip too.

Top Bottom