Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bad experience with High velocity motorsports

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
7/27/10 was the date I paid them for an x-1. I was the second to order after supply ran out according to apr. Probably a hundred Phone calls later, I'm still being blown off. I had a lawyer contact them, and also the new York better business bureau, still nothing. I didn't want to talk smack about them, but they're thieves. 1380 dollars is what they got. I got a sore ass. I let David at apr know, and he even did more for me than high velocity did. Just saying you shouldn't give high velocity your money unless you plan on writing it off on your taxes as a charity donation. I'm beyond mad, but a lawyer will charge more than what they stole from me. They're thieves, nothing more, nothing else.

sohc4now

Reaction score
I think it is a little too late for just a refund. Kick them in the nuts. I've had issues like that before but never for that high of an amount. Last one was just a quick trip to the bank to file a dispute. They stopped payment and I had my money back in less than two days.

You should go check out IC3.gov also if you haven't already.

Last edited:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Hmm, I imagine this wont end well.... Doug has always done me right, even if it meant going to other vendors to conclude my business.... I don't know what to say to you brother, Everyone's situation is different. Good luck man. I hope for him and you that even if its late, he will square you away.

trd_sport

Reaction score
I can understand your frustration but personally I blame APR for all the problems people have had with the x1s being out of stock. Im not going to start bashing anyone but from what Ive heard the reason there arnt any X1s is pretty ****ing ridiculous....

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^please tell!!
Sweatwillie I'm really sorry this happened to u. It's a shame that they won't give u ur money back and the worst part is that one of the owners if not the owner is a member here and won't do anything for u. That's just extra shitty with a twist and a cherry nutsack on top.

I'm sure Doug won't even respond this thread. If I were him obviously I'd give u the money back.

So Doug where's this mans money? Don't u feel like a pile of shut for stealing this guys $1380? U should!!

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
I was told before I paid that they had one in stock and it'd be to my house in less than a week. Apr has been great through all this. David even tried to get my money back for me. This situation is all on hvm and hvm alone. I'd love to have my money back, but they prolly won't give it. Doug says he isn't the owner, and he has no control over it. Do I believe him? I want to. After months of being told "next week" it was too late to file a claim with the bank. I tried.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Wow! I would be BEYOND pissed at this guy. My guess is he spent all the money he gained from the company, and can't pay it back. So he's ignoring you, hoping it will just blow over. Keep fighting it man. ASSHOLSE like this should be thrown in jail. Regardless of how well their reputation is with others. It only takes one flub like this to lose MAJOR respect. I don't even know the guy, nor did I buy stuff from him, but I have no respect for him. Probably why his company is non-existant right now.

darthyota

Reaction score
dougs done right by me also it just took a while both on my end and his i know hes a pretty busy guy too

adamewwy

Reaction score
sounds pretty shady man for real. Ironically when I purchased my tuck it had a HVM sticker on the back glass and I did some research on it and found a website that hadn't been updated in over 2 years. So I just figured it was some company that had an epic fail in trying to become the next URD or something. This is the first time I've ever seen anybody else talk about it. What's the story behind HVM?

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
sounds pretty shady man for real. Ironically when I purchased my tuck it had a HVM sticker on the back glass and I did some research on it and found a website that hadn't been updated in over 2 years. So I just figured it was some company that had an epic fail in trying to become the next URD or something. This is the first time I've ever seen anybody else talk about it. What's the story behind HVM?

ATTENTION acording to this guy any company that sells aftermarket parts is trying to become URD :facepalm:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
First off let me make something clear, I am not an owner of HVM; I am me... I did not take anyone's money.

I have never screwed anyone over on this board, I even paid a lot of money out of my own pocket to keep people/friends happy with their orders.

Example: At Texfest 2010 the money that was raffled off as a gift from HVM was out of my own pocket, not HVMs.

What transpired with this transaction is out of my control and is directly associated with the former owner of HVM and Willie Brown.

When you were told that you would get your X1 on a week by week basis it's because that was the truth at the time. I could only relay to you what was being told to me - The X1s were suppose to be off back order week, after week, after week, after week.

Anyone that knows me, knows I didn't personally screw anyone, just want to make that clear.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
OK Doug...........................:thumbdown:

? :hmmmm2::stupid:

Ive personally handled very large sums of money at a clip that has come from fellow XRU members, they always got what they paid for when buying from me.

I didn't take any money from him, so I cant give it back to him. The details of this transaction are business related, not personally related to me.

If you don't understand the difference between a company and just a employee I don't know what to tell you.

Crude Example:

You are a cashier at say... Pet Smart.

A customer walks in and asks for a full refund for a hamster he purchased a few months prior that has died. The store will not do the refund under their policy but the customer is still very upset.

Are you the cashier going to personally refund the money out of your own pocket????

Murderface

Reaction score
Come on Dougie u know the guy that needs to pay Willie back. Do the right thing and stand up for him and do all u can to help the situation out. Have a <3 mang!

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
Doug, I believe you. I believed you when you first told me that, but the company you work for is shiit in my opinion, and I hope the doors close soon and you find something better to be associated with. I took yous guys word, and was never told anything was wrong until I called back. Poor business, and it's unfortunate I have no recourse here. Just doing what I can to let people know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom