Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bad thing about the Micro Towels

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
Heads up on the Micro towels. Make sure you check to see if there are small shavings of debre that can scratch the paint before you polish or wax. I'm going back to using the diaper cloth for polishing & waxing.

07XR808

Reaction score
Heads up on the Micro towels. Make sure you check to see if there are small shavings of debre that can scratch the paint before you polish or wax. I'm going back to using the diaper cloth for polishing & waxing.

Yep the microfiber sometimes acts like a magnet for little leaves or dust if you drop it on the ground or leave it out. Best thing is to use it and wash it since they can be washed over and over again

SWeiser31

Reaction score
Carefull even after washing it. I noticed little pieces of aluminum foil stuck in mine. That would be real good on the paint.

07XR808

Reaction score
Carefull even after washing it. I noticed little pieces of aluminum foil stuck in mine. That would be real good on the paint.

Why are there pieces of aluminum foil in your towel after washing it?

CBRBob

Reaction score
Anything picks up debris like that, what does it have to do with micro-fiber towels?

07XR808

Reaction score
Anything picks up debris like that, what does it have to do with micro-fiber towels?

I noticed that the tiny fibers in the towel tend to be more clingy to dirt and debris versus regular towels and other cleaning materials

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I noticed that the tiny fibers in the towel tend to be more clingy to dirt and debris versus regular towels and other cleaning materials

I have always heard negative and positive things about microfiber :hmmmm2:

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
When I first started using them they were great until I started to notice I spent more time making sure it was clean and then trying to get all the stuff out of it.
I just noticed that diaper cloth is alot easier to maintain. Alot cheaper also!!!

Deviant

Reaction score
Microfiber is the best thing you can use for your truck. However you should check it before you start wiping down your truck with it. Even while wiping it down check it periodically to make sure you didn't pick up any large dirt / debris that can scratch the clear. Also, if you drop it on the ground just grab a new one.

T-shirts, bath towels, etc are all to abrasive to be used for your car. You may not see it at first tiny micro scratches will appear under direct sunlight or underneath halogen lighting.

07XR808

Reaction score
What are diaper cloths? Never heard of them before

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
What are diaper cloths? Never heard of them before
:laugh: That's funny You're from the pamper generation. Diaper clothes were use before pampers were used. Diaper cloth is a soft thick cotton material, almost like shop towels but softer and thicker(double layer) the material is alot easier to keep clean than the micro towel, in my opinion.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
:laugh: That's funny You're from the pamper generation. Diaper clothes were use before pampers were used. Diaper cloth is a soft thick cotton material, almost like shop towels but softer and thicker(double layer) the material is alot easier to keep clean than the micro towel, in my opinion.

plus its cheaper :top:

Top Bottom