Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BBK opinions

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Hey XRU,

I'm looking into getting a BBK kit. Which one is better Stoptech or the Rotora? Or are there any other options? Budget is under 3K so it would be the 355 Stop tech vs 355 Rotora.

Also I found that vividracing also sells the rotor 6 pot for our trucks too. Is it legit and the right one?

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/rotora-front-14in-brake-6piston-toyota-tacoma-0507-p-21493.html

http://tundraracing.com/355xrunnerrotora.htm

or

the stoptech st-40 335mm BBK? Where can you buy this kit and how much is it?

Thanks in advanced.:adore::adore::adore:

hiflyer

Reaction score
I got my BBK brand new off craigslist for $1600

If you want for deals, they appear !

Especially duing partouts ;)

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Call up Tom @ Tundra racing...i explained to him my build, what im doing, why i need a BBK (recall the BREAK Performance rotor mishap)...he cut me a pretty BA deal. While i don't recommend the rear disc conversion, due to the biasing issues with it, the 355 kit was worth every penny. :)

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
talk to ryan at vex about brakes

Does he carry stop techs? I might be dropping a ton of money at Vex soon haha.

Call up Tom @ Tundra racing...i explained to him my build, what im doing, why i need a BBK (recall the BREAK Performance rotor mishap)...he cut me a pretty BA deal. While i don't recommend the rear disc conversion, due to the biasing issues with it, the 355 kit was worth every penny. :)

I'll give him a call. Thanks! What are the issues with the rear disk conversion?

I got my BBK brand new off craigslist for $1600

If you want for deals, they appear !

Especially duing partouts ;)

Really? I thought you bought it off of DS:dontknow:

Yep... Got my TRD BBK for $500 bucks. :)

That is a steal man. Where did you manage to get them for 500$? :top:

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
The front to rear biasing gets screwed up. In other words, to much braking power for the rear...

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I found next to new trd calipers on eBay with everything but pads/rotors/hats for $400 shipped to Canada! It will be another 1200 or so for rotors hats and pads I am hoping for spring!

Murderface

Reaction score
U can't get the Stoptech anymore, it is now only the TRD BBK because Stoptech makes it. If u have 3K to drop on brakes then get the Rotora 355 6 pot or go home!

czar_dom

Reaction score
I did before. Should a took my offer awhile ago. Good luck with the search.

D.A.C

Murderface

Reaction score
Wilson I would just call Tom at Tundra Racing and ask him to match or beat Vividracings price on the Rotora 355 BBK, I'm sure he will at least match the price for u

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I did before. Should a took my offer awhile ago. Good luck with the search.

D.A.C

I know. I should have bought your BBK setup. It was a steal. :frown::frown::frown: I still have to save up for a bit anyways. Probably have to wait or the christmas money to roll in first:rolleyez:

Murderface

Reaction score
Damn Wilson ur a baller! How tha FAWK dies a 17 year old KiD have a XRunner with a blower and then talk about droppin 3K on a BBK? U a drug dealer or something? A Pimp maybe? Is ur pimp hand strong?lolz

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Damn Wilson ur a baller! How tha FAWK dies a 17 year old KiD have a XRunner with a blower and then talk about droppin 3K on a BBK? U a drug dealer or something? A Pimp maybe? Is ur pimp hand strong?lolz

I'm only a few years ahead of him...my truck was blown before my 19th B-Day...:rockon::eviltongue:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score

My chinese side of the family always gives me great Christmas and bday presents. None of that crappy gift cards that the white side give haha:eviltongue: No drug dealing or pimping haha. I save up every dollar I can for the truck - No game system or fancy phone. It also helps that my 18th (pretty big bday in Alberta for some obvious reasons) bday and graduation are coming up. Mom will probably go halfies with me. :rockon: "Cause it makes my truck safer" :laugh:

ballin!! :top:

Coming from the guy who decided the TRD blower wasn't enough :laugh:

Congrats on the front mount turbo:biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom