Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bed Squeak Returned (After TSB Repair)

XPC_XR

Reaction score
So the other day I noticed my bed was squeaking. I crawled under looking at the truck and saw my bed has those cracks again.

I know its a TSB but heres the thing, I already had them fix it under the TSB like a year ago. I guess they messed up the repair since its broken again, will they do it again or will I have to fight them?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Did you see if they really put in the new support brackets?

toytech

Reaction score
the dealer has to fix it again as long as the first complaint occured under warranty time

Militia

Reaction score
I just got my truck back today and they said the new work is only warrentied for one year. Good luck bro.

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I got a life time warranty on mine. Part of the deal to not sue aftet they just replaced the flares and didn't fix the panels at all. then they welded the panels and it lasted a month. They finally replaced the panels and took a peace of the old panel and epoxied it to the new one to renforce it. so far so good. They were going to let me lemon law it but I would have had to pay for useage 22k miles worth so I decided to keep it.

XPC_XR

Reaction score
Did you see if they really put in the new support brackets?

Good question, I will crawl under today and check since at the moment its not raining like the past few days.

To clarify what I am looking for is the piece that kinda looks like an upside down "y" in this picture.
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=567&d=1183653580

Hopefully that link works.

Thanks for the other comments guys.

EDIT: Ok I crawled under there and from what I can tell it looks like those braces are on there. Did the previous design have those and they were redesigned with the TSB or are they new with the TSB all together.

And I double checked, both sides are cracked. I dont get it, roads out here arent excessively bumpy either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had a run around with my dealership when I had the TSB done on my X. I finally convinced them after taking my X back to them 6 times that they had never installed the new bracket or even fixed the crack. Actually had to show the service manager and the tech where the crack was. Here is a pic of the new bracket that is suppose to be installed after they fix the crack.
TSB4.jpg

The bracket goes on the inside of the fender and can be seen from under the truck.
I hope this helps.

Top Bottom