Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bed Squeak

Militia

Reaction score
I have recently noticed that there is a squeak/rattle on the driver’s side of the bed. I wasn’t sure what it was and just ignored it. Today I took it to the body shop and had to have the clips replaced on the passenger side of my body kit and they checked out the squeak. He said the support brace for the kit is coming straight down not giving it much support. With the vibration of the truck the plastic part is rattling and has caused a small tear in the metal where the kit attaches to the bed. Has anyone else heard of this or experienced it? I am going to try and get some pictures of it.

Militia

Reaction score
Thanks Wicked, That helps alot. I need to get it in there i have 400 miles till i get to 36000

WickedMon

Reaction score
Yeah bro. anytime, print out the 12 pages of the TSB and take it in.

Militia

Reaction score
Got all 12 pages saved to the puter. Will print tomorrow and go to the dealership. Thanks again. I guess there will be no need to take pictures!

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
hey let us know .what the dealer says... my truck squeaks as well ! Good luck keep us updated

Mr.X

Reaction score
yea bro seems like i have the samething going on ill have to check it out if u can get pictures that would be great

yra bro seems to me i have the samething going on if u can post pictures that would be great

Last edited:

Militia

Reaction score
Well I went to the dealer today, and they want me to bring it back on tuesday for an estimate and schedule an appointment for the repairs. Thanks for all the info guys.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
You also get new painted rear fender flares, be sure to get some 3M put on them ASAP so they won't start chipping.

Militia

Reaction score
Took the X into the dealer for this today. They inspected this today and verified the rattle noise from both sides! They found both rear fenders cracked. I dont know if they were just trying to short hand things or are they actually going to replace both rear fenders?

CosmosX_az

"Magic Carpet"
Reaction score
my mileage is 38,200 ... Has anyone else tried with over 36k...... I might take it in and see what they say...

Militia

Reaction score
Good luck man, I think your SOL. I was close and worried I might go over before this appointment so I didnt drive it for almost a week.

micpun

Reaction score
man, mine are starting to squeak and im at like 55k. I hope they let me do it cause i bought it from them when it was already over 36k.

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
If Toyota doesn't fix it you can support it with some strapping material to prevent it from making any noise and cracking further. I did it and it worked out fine. There is a thread showing how to do it. Took me 1/2 an hour to do both sides.

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
Here'e some pics of the fender support.

Attachments

• DSCF0871.jpg
    DSCF0871.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCF0873.jpg
    DSCF0873.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCF0875.jpg
    DSCF0875.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 91

Militia

Reaction score
I have an update. I dropped my truck off today at the dealership to get it fixed. They are covering a rental car, awsome right. Wrong, They provided me with a chevy cargo van for today. But tomorrow i pick up a Pontiac G5. I havent driven one of those before.

XPC_XR

Reaction score
I have an update. I dropped my truck off today at the dealership to get it fixed. They are covering a rental car, awsome right. Wrong, They provided me with a chevy cargo van for today. But tomorrow i pick up a Pontiac G5. I havent driven one of those before.

When I took mine in there were gonna give me a corolla (I already owned one and wanted something bigger) to I asked since I brought in a truck I want a truck. Almost got the tundra til the lady told me whoops its in the shop someone backed into a poll. :thumpdown: But the new 4runner was nice for the 3 days I had it.

Militia

Reaction score
WOOT WOOT!!!!!! I got my baby back!!!!!!! So far so good. Nice and sturdy. My alarm beeps wierd now when I lock it. Not to sure why but beeps twice, unlike before it would only beep once.

Top Bottom