Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Best Quality Drop Blocks? (Leveling Stock Height)

DeoteX

Reaction score
I know this has probably been covered quite a few times... but I plan on dropping my x at some point, with either Sittin Sic Perf. Drop OR the DJM 3/4 (preferably Sittin Sic, but I've heard a few horror stories about the customer service, so I'm a bit hesitant, all the while making the DJM look more appetizing. Point being, UNTIL then, I'm interested in throwing in some quality drop blocks (of whichever size is the magic leveling number, 2 or 2.5?, not sure which). Quality is important, I don't want the cheap shi* we sell at my work :-D So the question is, after a bunch of google searching, I want to ask you guys, any recommendations on some QUALITY drop blocks/hardware???

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
DeoteX said:
so tapered or flat.... and 2inch or 2.5inch?

I read someone had the 2.5" and loved them. I dunno about tapered or flat sorry

rich017

Reaction score
No need for tapered with the 2"

I know with the 3" blocks you do. I personally would go with 2" blocks without notching the frame.

SOHCmyDOHC

Reaction score
IIRC 3" of drop will need a tapered set... I read it somewhere when searcing for blocks just dont remember where unfortunately. i think member here who owns streettacos is "beefytaco" PM him for more help

DeoteX

Reaction score
No need for tapered with the 2"

I know with the 3" blocks you do. I personally would go with 2" blocks without notching the frame.

Word. that makes sense. Yeah, the notch deal is what has me hesitant on the DJM. I like to modify, but I also like to be able to go back completely stock... so the SS kit is lookin NICE. Seems like it's geared more towards handling as well which I like. But blocks will have to do for now, because something must be done in the meantime.... I'm so sick of this rake.

DeoteX

Reaction score
IIRC 3" of drop will need a tapered set... I read it somewhere when searcing for blocks just dont remember where unfortunately. i think member here who owns streettacos is "beefytaco" PM him for more help

well I was gonna PM that guy, but his last activity was in feb of 2010... so I'm guessin that won't do any good lol

SOHCmyDOHC

Reaction score
well I was gonna PM that guy, but his last activity was in feb of 2010... so I'm guessin that won't do any good lol

ROFL... really? I think people said to email him via street tacos. search ChrisDenied since I think he has ST rear blocks. he may be more on customtaco than here.

DeoteX

Reaction score
saw a few newer threads on SS. Those SS Leafs are lookin' tasty. Might just have to use some willpower and save some dollars and get that SS Performance Drop. i don't wanna notch. :-D

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Same here I'm NOT notching my frame. Is there a complete kit for sale it you have to buy some here and some there? I want to go low enough to where a notch is not needed. Any info on what I would need for that?

Murderface

Reaction score
If ur looking to just level out the truck then go with a 1" block. A 2" block will make the front look higher then the rear. Do some searching there's pics of people who have done just the 1" block in the back for the same reason u want to.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
I had SS front springs, but had the solid/billet aluminum 2" rear blocks from TundraRacing (until I I got the composite mono leaf). :top:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want the beefed taco blocks go through his site, streetacos.com he is a stand up dude tell him what you wanna do and what truck you have and he will custom make the blocks you want. As for sittin sic don't be put off too much by his customer service remember ss is a side job for Shane and life did get busy for him but now he is committing back to ss. If you wanna go djm low there is way more to consider than ss customers service as the two products are apples and oranges man

Top Bottom