Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Best Year X-Runner

What is the best production year of the X-Runner?

Votes: 73 24.7%

Votes: 70 23.6%

Votes: 41 13.9%

Votes: 55 18.6%

Votes: 18 6.1%

Votes: 12 4.1%

Votes: 27 9.1%

• Total voters

X-Pablo

Reaction score
2009 The first year with the Flux Capacitor sub, LED Taillights and of course cause it's the the year of my truck. Now it depends where your located cause if your in Canada :canada: your options are from 05-09 for X-Runners, Toyota Canada discontinued Canadian X-Runners in 2010.

MplsX

Reaction score
When it comes down to it, just buy the newest, lowest mileage one you can. If I were to do it again, I would find an 09+ but again that's my preference mainly for the rear seats.

Agreed! Too many owners are "thrusting young men" who learned how to work a manual transmission with their XR's. I have seen a few posts where young guys boast that they have had to replace synchronizers in the transmission even though they have very few total miles on their trucks.
Find the newest / lowest milage truck you can afford but not one that has been driven a quarter mile at a time!

Last edited:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
05-08 are the best years, in 09 they started with the electronic LSD vs. the mechanical the 05-08's have. Also in 09 they started with that annoying as trac control/stability control which is a giant pain in the testicles if you do anything more than commute driving. also in 05 that did not come with TPMS depending if your lazy its a bad thing otherwise its a good thing.

MplsX

Reaction score
05-08 are the best years, in 09 they started with the electronic LSD vs. the mechanical the 05-08's have. Also in 09 they started with that annoying as trac control/stability control which is a giant pain in the testicles if you do anything more than commute driving. also in 05 that did not come with TPMS depending if your lazy its a bad thing otherwise its a good thing.

You are correct about the mechanical limited slip, I wish I had one in my 2010. I might have to find a 05 to 08 in the boneyard that had that option and get it. The ESC has a nice feature...it's called an off button, just press and hold it down. I would think that the TPMS would be a good thing for lazy people, in fact I think its great for anyone, at least until the batteries in the sensors die out in 6 or so years and they need replacement. Even so, the price of the sensors would be less costly than replacing tires due to under inflation or fixing the truck after an accident.

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score
Agreed! Too many owners are "thrusting young men" who learned how to work a manual transmission with their XR's. I have seen a few posts where young guys boast that they have had to replace synchronizers in the transmission evan though they have very few total miles on their trucks.
Find the newest / lowest milage truck you can afford but not one that has been driven a quarter mile at a time!

um the syncro deal I have had mine replaced but to no fault of my own yea I might only be .26 but have had 3 manual transmission vehicles and have never had the problems I have had with this vehicle and i only have 24k on my truck....

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
It's funny you say that sir my 08 has a x-1 and mk3:hmmmm2:

I didn't say that the 08' did not...

I just said that the 07' is the last year that doesn't have the silly ass rear interior while retaining X1 capability.

Or was it? Maybe 08' was the last year of the old interior? If that's the case 07/08' are the best years.

:-D

professor-chaos.jpg

Last edited:

shaX 07

Reaction score
I didn't say that the 08' did not...

I just said that the 07' is the last year that doesn't have the silly ass rear interior while retaining X1 capability.

Or was it? Maybe 08' was the last year of the old interior? If that's the case 07/08' are the best years.

:-D

professor-chaos.jpg

The interior changed in 09. 05-08 are essentially the same truck. 09-12 are also essentially the same truck. This poll really should have just been those 2 ranges as answers, because there's really no difference between the trucks in those ranges.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
The interior changed in 09. 05-08 are essentially the same truck. 09-12 are also essentially the same truck. This poll really should have just been those 2 ranges as answers, because there's really no difference between the trucks in those ranges.

05 did not have the TPMS. And no traction control option. Don't know when all that changed, but I think it was before the 09 model year.

Murderface

Reaction score
05 did not have the TPMS. And no traction control option. Don't know when all that changed, but I think it was before the 09 model year.

Don't worry Shax the TPMS is easy to miss when thinking about the differences between the 05-08 and 09-11 model years. I honestly wish I had the TPMS cause it woulda saved me 2 tires from getting ruined. Damn place that installed my Invos didn't bother to take an angle grinder with a scotchbrite pad and take off the powdered aluminum corrosion that had formed in one spot, this is what caused the tire to leak down quickly with no warning. Funny how it didn't start leaking till a couple weeks after they were installed. Then I had the wife's brother install the new Invo and he too didn't clean off the corrosion and I got a flat but this time it went down slower and I was able to change the tire before I ruined that one too. Asked the young buck why he didn't clean off the corrosion, his reply was that he didn't think it would be a problem! Damn inexperienced tire boys!

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Don't worry Shax the TPMS is easy to miss when thinking about the differences between the 05-08 and 09-11 model years. I honestly wish I had the TPMS cause it woulda saved me 2 tires from getting ruined. Damn place that installed my Invos didn't bother to take an angle grinder with a scotchbrite pad and take off the powdered aluminum corrosion that had formed in one spot, this is what caused the tire to leak down quickly with no warning. Funny how it didn't start leaking till a couple weeks after they were installed. Then I had the wife's brother install the new Invo and he too didn't clean off the corrosion and I got a flat but this time it went down slower and I was able to change the tire before I ruined that one too. Asked the young buck why he didn't clean off the corrosion, his reply was that he didn't think it would be a problem! Damn inexperienced tire boys!

I had a similar issue. Got my new KDWs installed and the jokers at the shop didn't do anything right. Drove an hour and discovered all 4 were damn near flat. So I had to pay another shop to do it correctly. TPMS would have probably gone off in the first shops parking lot they were so bad. :thumbdown:

butters607

Reaction score
I had a similar issue. Got my new KDWs installed and the jokers at the shop didn't do anything right. Drove an hour and discovered all 4 were damn near flat. So I had to pay another shop to do it correctly. TPMS would have probably gone off in the first shops parking lot they were so bad. :thumbdown:

What was the reasoning for them going flat I bet a box.of donuts they didn't use bead sealer that is the main cause for tires going flat now days can't stand it when shops don't use it

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
What was the reasoning for them going flat I bet a box.of donuts they didn't use bead sealer that is the main cause for tires going flat now days can't stand it when shops don't use it

Probably. I can't remember its been a few years ago now.

Murderface

Reaction score

If u read my post u will find the answer you're looking for! It's called corrosion, aluminum when it corrodes turns into a powder. This built up on the rim where the bead of the tire sits and because that powder is porious it let the air out. Same thing happened with Davids truck

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Lol, you can always tell who talks to gadget in these threads, because they use his quibs and quotes like "bet a box of doughnuts".... It's fun :laugh:

KawiDank

Reaction score
lol im sure 99% of all voters just voted for their year model...guilty.

J

JDUB916

Im just not a fan of the newer models with the speakers in the headliner? :stupid: But then again they have reverse camera factory.

Top Bottom