Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blown Triumph 675!

triumphx

Reaction score
No offense but double check your specs. My 04 R1 has a dry weight of 380 with the stock exhaust. Mine has an Akropovik Superbike system so ditching the cat converter and the EXUP valve makes it that much less. 675 has a dry weight of 389lbs.
2009 r1 has a wet weight of 454 lbs quoted direct from yamaha, the d675 is at 407 lbs wet. Mine wieghs 375 :top:

Last edited:

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I'll even step up. Get my friend to loan me his bone stock 675. Take my R1. Give the R1 a 10 lbs penalty for the exhaust. Weight them both. Just need to find a place with a shipping scale to use.

2009 has a wet weight of 454 lbs quoted direct from yamaha, the d675 is at 407 lbs wet. Mine wieghs 375 :top:
The exhaust on the new bike weight as much as a tank lately. Check out the Graves Exhaust for the new R1. Gets rid of half the system.

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
A 750 cannot hang on a track let alone a liter bike, when the d675 first came out they put it up against the gsxr750 and the d675 beat it every lap. Its the beauty of the bike man, averbody and there mom has a r6, r1, cbr, busa, any zx. Im not saying the d675 is a ducati but it does hold somewhat of the same shock factor. %75 of people that see mine is surprised they make a sport bike. Of course some of the liter bikes can take a ducati or aprilia or mv agusta but its about being different than the same old shit. Most likely a new mustang gt would beat my vq35 powered sentra spec-v(sold) but how many people have a 350z motor in a sentra. Just thought i'd share a cool and DIFFERENT bike

So youd put a rotrex blower on a 675 to track it? lol...

I hear that different comment a lot, any car/bike/truck can be made different.

Buying a stock bike or car that anyone can walk into a dealership and purchase doesn't make you different. Putting a rotrex blower on a 675 is different for sure, but track smart? Ehhh... not so sure.

Anyway... My point was you'd be way better off tracking a N/A more powerful bike.

triumphx

Reaction score
I'll even step up. Get my friend to loan me his bone stock 675. Take my R1. Give the R1 a 10 lbs penalty for the exhaust. Weight them both. Just need to find a place with a shipping scale to use.

The exhaust on the new bike weight as much as a tank lately. Check out the Graves Exhaust for the new R1. Gets rid of half the system.
Its all good i've ridden both, no nned to step up man. I have a titanium/carbon fiber prototype gp style exhaust made by TRS on my bike which the header and everything weighs 7 lbs compared to the 22 lbs stock

So youd put a rotrex blower on a 675 to track it? lol...

I hear that different comment a lot, any car/bike/truck can be made different.

Buying a stock bike or car that anyone can walk into a dealership and purchase doesn't make you different. Putting a rotrex blower on a 675 is different for sure, but track smart? Ehhh... not so sure.

Anyway... My point was you'd be way better off tracking a N/A more powerful bike.
Well i agree with you there, if this was a track bike. Hence the mirrors and passenger pegs in the video

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Its all good i've ridden both, no nned to step up man. I have a titanium/carbon fiber prototype gp style exhaust made by TRS on my bike which the header and everything weighs 7 lbs compared to the 22 lbs stock

Well i agree with you there, if this was a track bike. Hence the mirrors and passenger pegs in the video

But even then if you want much more power on the road get a liter bike or above?

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score

I would have liked the Ti system but **** me there exspensive. The SS system was $1600 the Ti system $2200. I have mirrors on mine but I instruct so I need them to keep an eye on students.

Nice for salt flats but for road corse, there going to be a big heavy pig. Theres just something to coming down a straight away pushing 150 plus, thinking your going to die, counting to 5, getting on the brakes while grabbing 2 gears down and diving for the apex while still trail breaking the launching down the next section to the next turn.

And stuffing some bike night poser on his Ducati while at it is just the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

WCD

Reaction score
Well, it's the guy's time and money, so more power to him. I'm sure he's aware of his options but did it anyway. Not much different than throwing a bunch of money into the XR. After all, it's just a truck, right?

Triumph is on the short list for my next bike. They make a fine machine and the rare factor does matter to me also.

triumphx

Reaction score
^exactly nice comparision. Its like buying a xr over a ford lightning and boosting it so you can hang with or beat a lightning. And thats not even considering the rare factor. I love my d675 but my damn reg/rectifier went out on me this week. If your considering one trail through the triumph675.net forum. Thats where you most likely find one for a decent price, everywhere else wants an arm and leg for one

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Triumph aren't exactly the most reliable. The 675 was still fun on the track. I would like to see how the supercharger is mounted and how the intake was done.

triumphx

Reaction score
Whats not reliable besides the r/r problem? which is a easy upgrade to do. I have 13k HARD miles on mine and this is the 1st time i've had a problem. Check out the build thread i posted in the original post

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I'll get the list of repiars from my buddy on his. The 675 is way better then the older bikes. The 955 he had was a pile. Then again my Yamaha wasn't been trouble free either. My old 929 was a tank. Nothing broke and I beat on that thing like a red headed step child.

triumphx

Reaction score
I havent heard of any persistant problems on them except for the reg/rec. Thats funny my 1st street bike was a 98' yzf600, i put that thing through hell and back. Put 25k miles on it in 1 1/2-2 years and never an issue. But i agree the older triumphs were problematic, similar o th vw's they had alot of electrical issues

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
A good one was when the BMW 745 came out in 02ish? The first of the Bangle designed one. Sell on friday tow in on monday. People were getting so pissed they refused to take them back and went straight to lemon law buy back on brand new cars.

He also considered the 955 theft proof. He couldn't even give it away lol.

Last edited:

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
I'll get the list of repiars from my buddy on his. The 675 is way better then the older bikes. The 955 he had was a pile. Then again my Yamaha wasn't been trouble free either. My old 929 was a tank. Nothing broke and I beat on that thing like a red headed step child.

my 929 was a tank as well i beat the hell out of it for a long time...and when i purchased it it had already gone through a pretty nasty backflip. great bikes, wish i still had it. sold it for an 04 R1

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
my 929 was a tank as well i beat the hell out of it for a long time...and when i purchased it it had already gone through a pretty nasty backflip. great bikes, wish i still had it. sold it for an 04 R1

Mine wasn't crashed beat. 67,000 miles of road trips, commuting, track days, raced with the Willow Springs Motorcycle club.

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
the backflip was its only crash lol...and wasnt done by me. i think mine was only at 30,000 ish

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
And its been comfirmed today. I'm picking up the Lee's Cycle/ San Diego BMW truck and trailer to transport there gear and BMW S1000RR superbikes to New Jersey Motorsport Park. Aaron Gobert will be riding for them in the final round of the 2011 AMA Superbike series. Including full AMA credentials to go anywhere in the track.

Top Bottom