Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

check engine light/disconnected vacuum hose

nutt14

Reaction score
ok so my check engine light came on and a guy at autozone said I needed to change my MAF sensor. Changed it and a day later the engine light came on again, this time I checked under the hood and find a lose nylon tube from my boost gauge to my super charger broke off some. I can also hear air suction from the little fitting on the super charger. Does the fitting on the super charger need to be sealed?

Attachments

• 1397101230_tmp_IMG_2129.jpg
    1397101230_tmp_IMG_2129.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 1397101123_tmp_IMG_2132.jpg
    1397101123_tmp_IMG_2132.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 258

justin13703

Reaction score
Yeah that's probably what your check engine light is from. Reattach that hose and get the code cleared and you should be good.

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
pickup a scangauge or an ultragauge.....

next time u can figure out ur own codes instead of hoping vatozone helps ya instead of upselling ya.

also make sure to clean the maf sensor with actual "maf sensor cleaner" once in awhile, and clean the throttle body.

kinda odd about the maf sensor replacement.......... Ive seen them go hundreds of thousands of miles regularly.

nutt14

Reaction score
pickup a scangauge or an ultragauge.....

next time u can figure out ur own codes instead of hoping vatozone helps ya instead of upselling ya.

also make sure to clean the maf sensor with actual "maf sensor cleaner" once in awhile, and clean the throttle body.

kinda odd about the maf sensor replacement.......... Ive seen them go hundreds of thousands of miles regularly.

ya Justin squared me away, the damn boost gauge line running to the super charger broke and was triggering a check engine light.

Top Bottom