Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

check engine light + truck shakes when stopped or idle

Pecoy

Reaction score
hey guys i got an update for you guys.

so i went out and just bought some new spark plugs and installed them NGK's iridium.

and the hesitating/shaking went away . truck feels and run smooth back to normal.

seems like the plugs were the problem. the check engine light didnt go away. is it supposed to go away on its on or should i still take it somewhere to get the truck scanned?

and just to let u guys know my truck idles at around 800-1000

riceluver

Reaction score
one thing to do is to undo your batttery (negative terminal) and let it sit for a couple of minutes. then replug.. it should erase the light. if it is the sparkplugs, it should stay off.

i had my codes checked under warranty from toyota, and they found my catalytic was bad, and replaced for free.

good luck

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^The cats seam to go bad a lot with the TRD blower and Toyota ECU reflash.

To the OP do u have pics of the old plugs? How did they look? Was the gap like a 1/4" like I find on the pickups where I work cause my boss refused to work on P/U's before I started there.....says hes above working on anything that doesnt atleast have a Detroit 3 series diesel in it:laugh:

Top Bottom