Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Check out my trans!!!!!!!!!!!

TheArkansas"X"

Reaction score
OK guys check out what we found wrong with my old Trans. That came out of my truck last year. I left it in Dallas the the TOYOTA training center they took it apart and found part to the 5,6 shift fork broke and 2,3 syncro spring and the syncro keys broke. so if any one had there trans stuck in a gear before a shift fork is broke and the grinding may be coming from broking keys and or springs.:driver: :driver: :driver:

Attachments

• My 6 speed trany.jpg
    My 6 speed trany.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 155
  • My 6 speed trany 002.jpg
    My 6 speed trany 002.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 166
  • My 6 speed trany 004.jpg
    My 6 speed trany 004.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 182
  • My 6 speed trany 005.jpg
    My 6 speed trany 005.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 162
  • My 6 speed trany 007.jpg
    My 6 speed trany 007.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 156
  • My 6 speed trany 008.jpg
    My 6 speed trany 008.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 157

inny

Reaction score
if you find the 4th to 5th gear shift problem i'll hire you a few hookers :biggrin::biggrin:

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
if you find the 4th to 5th gear shift problem i'll hire you a few hookers :biggrin::biggrin:
It's going to be the same problem for the 4th and 5th gears also, syncros,detents,detent springs and shift fork wear and or broken.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
OK guys check out what we found wrong with my old Trans. That came out of my truck last year. I left it in Dallas the the TOYOTA training center they took it apart and found part to the 5,6 shift fork broke and 2,3 syncro spring and the syncro keys broke. so if any one had there trans stuck in a gear before a shift fork is broke and the grinding may be coming from broking keys and or springs.:driver: :driver: :driver:
Good pics Chris :top: , actual not a hard fix syncros, detents and shift forks

4VsX

Reaction score
Rebuilding manual transmissions are awesome and fun! Rebuilding automatic transmissions are not as much fun. :smile:

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
Rebuilding manual transmissions are awesome and fun! Rebuilding automatic transmissions are not as much fun. :smile:
:laugh: "Automatic transmission" you can say that again, I've done more than I care to.

rexrunner

Reaction score
ok lol? atleast they took time to figure it out :top:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Looks like i will be seeing what the dealer will do for me, my truck got stuck in 6th with only like 8k on it, its always been stubborn on 2nd and 5th tho, just holding out as long as i can to get it replaced.

JA-Xrunner

Reaction score
can the Supra TT 6sp box be interchangeable with the 6sp tacoma one?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
can the Supra TT 6sp box be interchangeable with the 6sp tacoma one?

You know, i was looking through some pics of the supra 6 speed and that thing looks pretty dang close to the same design as our tranny as-well, very good question... wheres Jim? :biggrin:

JA-Xrunner

Reaction score
i want to know if its the same lenght and whatever and if our drive shaft can bolt up on it?

4VsX

Reaction score
there is so many factors involved to swap trannies one of the main ones is the clutch pressure plate bolting in place to the flywheel. Another huge one is splines.

Top Bottom