Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Class action settlement?

butters607

Reaction score
did anyone recieve this? it says: rough or otherwise undesirable transmission shift sensation; a lot of it says it has to do with the electronic throttle control... Does this pertain to us? they even had my last four of my vin on the card they sent....
http://toyotaelsettlement.com/

Update a bunch of guys on Tacoma world got this crap too it's a bunch of lawyers scamming just curious how these roaches are getting our info makes ya feel safe huh?!

Last edited:

MplsX

Reaction score
Question: How many cases of unintended acceleration have occurred with vehicles with manual transmissions?

Answer: 0

Don't worry about it.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
^^^^^ :rofl: Driver would be a damn fool if it did.

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
An automatic could just as easily be thrown into neutral.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
But then that would defeat the purpose.

justin13703

Reaction score
The whole "unintended acceleration" thing was a joke anyway. And if someone doesn't know any of the multiple ways to stop their car, they shouldn't be on the road with the rest of us lol

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
The whole "unintended acceleration" thing was a joke anyway. And if someone doesn't know any of the multiple ways to stop their car, they shouldn't be on the road with the rest of us lol

True. But people will try to sue somebody since they can't comprehend another way to stop the car.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
They should be sued for inability to utilize their own mind. :p

picaCulo

Reaction score
Hahahaha the unintentional acceleration happens to me every once in a long while but thank god I haven't killed enough brain cells not to be in control of the situation

cramersec

Reaction score
If they sent me a check I would cash it, but I will never actively enter one of these suits. Costs the company X millions of dollars, lawyers get .75X Million, individuals get $0.35. Don't encourage them.

Steve

Oh, and how many times do we have to prove that unintended acceleration is a crock?

MplsX

Reaction score
I believe that unintended acceleration happens, but it is the drivers fault and not the fault of the vehicle. It is just short people that hit the gas when they think that they are on the brake. It is not a fault in a Toyota, or Audi. One thing is for sure, the lawsuits will go on. Audi is still being sued and that crock happened in 1982!

kcidmil

Reaction score
Question: How many cases of unintended acceleration have occurred with vehicles with manual transmissions?

Answer: 0

Don't worry about it.

I did have a case of unintended continuation of acceleration.... then I reached down and pulled the floor mat from under my gas pedal and threw it in the back... haven't seen the floor mat since or had the problem again.

I decided to peek at the website (curiosity got the better of me)... the first clue I seen was the fact they don't actually which level of court the lawsuit is in. God I love scams, they give me a chuckle.

:rofl:

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score
Actually I checked into it more and there is a wider range than just unintended acceleration it also has a section where it asks if you have had shifting issues that's why I even started this thread not for the accel issue and we all know how shitty of a tranny we have....

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
Actually I checked into it more and there is a wider range than just unintended acceleration it also has a section where it asks if you have had shifting issues that's why I even started this thread not for the accel issue and we all know how shitty of a tranny we have....

That would only be for those of you who bought your truck new though.

Top Bottom