Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cleaning black plastic tiems

hiflyer

Reaction score
like the top rails on the bed, or the front grilll
what's best to use?
back to black?

thanks,

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
At the dealer I work at, the detailers sprayed on this stuff called Car Brite or something like that. It's made for vinyls and plastics and you just spray it on and wipe off any residue that gets on the body. It shines it right up and protects it too.

hiflyer

Reaction score
cool - thanks for the replies - i will check it out :)

FoxDavis

XRU Overdosed
Reaction score
I have been doing a test for a few weeks now on the plastic inside the bed. I use the Honda Spray cleaner/ Polish on my truck. Yes Paint, wheels, and plastic! Trust me guys, your mouth will drop once you use it. Anyway When I got done detailing my X I had the same wet microfiber cloth from the polish and I used it on the bed. I didn't wipe the bottom of the bed, just sides, tailgate, and front bed. Over the last few weeks I haven't touched it with anything. I wash the truck and just hose it all down to get ride of the crap.

Tonight I washed the truck again, I haven't driven it for about 4 days and it has been raining and sunny. So there is pollen in the air and everything else so the truck looked pretty bad. Being the fastest truck out of the 3 for getting dirty, I had to wash it up before taking it tonight.

I'll get to the point, The places where I just wiped with the towel is still very clean and the water beads up like the rest of the X. I got home and looked in the bed and the sides were like brand new, bottom however was still dirty looking. It is in no way slippery or nasty feeling. I'll take a pic tomorrow of the difference so you can see before I clean the bottom.

So The Honda spray cleaner/ polish works very well for me and my X. (it beads up so much the soap even has a hard time staying on)

But it is hard to find because it is discontinued. But I have a couple of cases.

FoxDavis

XRU Overdosed
Reaction score
Here is the bed. I didn't wash it or anything. Just rain and water from when I was washing my truck. You can see the difference, not all slimy but clean. I think with a wipe of a towel it will take away the little water spots. Other then that it has held up pretty damn good imo.
P1030031.jpg

from standing on the tailgate.
P1030032.jpg

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
I use the ICE spray myself it works pretty well on the plastics , and i believe i saw an add somewhere saying that its not like a traditional wax you can use it in direct sun light .

FoxDavis

XRU Overdosed
Reaction score
I use the ICE spray myself it works pretty well on the plastics , and i believe i saw an add somewhere saying that its not like a traditional wax you can use it in direct sun light .

Direct sun light? Wow, must have to apply and then buff off asap. Or it will bake it till it has a hard crisp coating...haha.

Sweet

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
I use Mothers Back to Black on my black plastic items including the bed.

Top Bottom