Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

clutch noise when shifting

XRTaco5

Reaction score
I'm getting this weird squeeling noise when shifting from first to second. sounds like a throw out bearing but it only does it from first to second, any ideas. I have about 45K on the SEXRunner.
:rock:

AFP520

Reaction score
At what point do you hear the noise? The T.O.B. would only make noise when the clutch is engaged.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
i have heard about issues with pressure plate and bearings on the 05 x-runners. I think a couple things were changed for the 06 model. But I don't know what the dealer will do since you are past the 36k mile mark

AFP520

Reaction score
But I don't know what the dealer will do since you are past the 36k mile mark
Powertrain warranty is 5yrs/60K. Even though it's the clutch, you could probably make them do it with enough phone calls to Toyota corporate. It's a known issue for the older X's and clutch/tranny problems.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Powertrain warranty is 5yrs/60K. Even though it's the clutch, you could probably make them do it with enough phone calls to Toyota corporate. It's a known issue for the older X's and clutch/tranny problems.

thats good. take it to the dealer and bitch. if they hassle you take it somewhere else. :top:

XRTaco5

Reaction score
it does it when I'm letting the clutch pedal out. Oh I'm plannin on doin some bitchin. My passenger rear door was rattling pretty bad and they saud they could find anything wrong with it so I got to lookin at it since it was drivin me nuts and found a couple of bolts loose on the latch. the morons didn't even notice a bolt that was stickin out 1/2" needles to say it doesn't rattle anymore. I'll give them a call today and see what they have to say. About the clutch.

XRTaco5

Reaction score
it does it when I'm letting the clutch pedal out. Oh I'm plannin on doin some bitchin. My passenger rear door was rattling pretty bad and they saud they could find anything wrong with it so I got to lookin at it since it was drivin me nuts and found a couple of bolts loose on the latch. the morons didn't even notice a bolt that was stickin out 1/2" needles to say it doesn't rattle anymore. I'll give them a call today and see what they have to say. About the clutch.

"couldn't find anything wrong":stupid:

Top Bottom