Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Clutch spring?

nine9six

Reaction score
So this morning I was driving to work and heard a little 'pop' when I pressed my clutch in. The pedal felt a little lose after that.

As I'm pulling into my office parking lot, I had this fall onto my foot:

55ca70b3.jpg

Anyone ever have this happen to them?

I know that picture may not be the best one, considering it's a side-shot, but it had grease all over it and I didn't want to touch it b/c I had nothing to wipe my hands on. :smile:

I can take more pics if needed...and I know my mats are DIRTY. :eviltongue:

nine9six

Reaction score
Very :frown:

It's Friday, I can't wait to leave work (only to have to run errands) and I don't know if this will mess anything up or not.

Gah!

STONER-X

Reaction score
it shouldnt mess anything up... that spring keeps the pedal from resting on the shaft of the clutch slave cyl... the pressure plates on the clutch should be enough to keep the clutch from slipping the spring that fell out helps keep the pedal up so you dont "ride the clutch"

i would say it is ok to drive it home... BUT i would not keep my foot on the clutch while cruzing or try to "hot rod" on the way home...

nine9six

Reaction score
Okay, thanks man. I can at least breath a little sigh of relief. :top:

Gadget

Reaction score
Yep, should still be drivable, but get it fixed.

G

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Damn bro, what are you doing to that poor truck, jk. If you need any help let me know and we can hook up.

earnesje

Reaction score
That looks like the clutch pedal return spring. Does the clutch pedal return to it's original postion when it is released? I should be alright, but did it break or can reinstall it ?

Top Bottom