Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Condensation in the Head lamps?

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Am i the only one experiencing this and is there anything I can do about it . I know eventually its going to cloud and yellow the lamps .

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problems here even after doing the BHLM. Maybe remove the lights from the housing and reseat them. Maybe one of them isn't in there tight enough. :dontknow:

Xacto

Reaction score
just throw em in the over for a couple minutes to get the condensation out and that will heat the glue up, press em together, and then hit all the edges of the housing where the two pieces meet with silicone caulking

XDsm

Reaction score
Never heard of that issue with the stock untouched headlights. Usually this comes about after they have been opened. Like Xacto said take the bulbs and any removeable hardware off and bake them in the oven to get the condensation out. You can also lay them out in the sun to dry out. Then run some sealer along the outside. If you still have an issue you might need to crack them open and put more sealer around the seam.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I say take it to the dealer and make them replace it with a brand new one :top: that is if your still under warranty :dontknow:

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Well i doubt its under warranty lol but yeah im getting condensation in the head lights in both of them its really bothering me well i can try stickin them in the oven lol what temp should i preset it at ?

XDsm

Reaction score
Put them on cardboard and have the temperature in the oven at 305 for about 9 mins. Be sure that you turn the over off before you put the lights in.

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
well i bought it used and not from a toyota dealer . I'd be payin out of pocket

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
LOL yeah i figured it out after i asked in the pic it makes the lens look black lol Everyone does black head lights , has anyone tried matching the truck color?

Top Bottom