Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cracked transmission housing

how to handle the warentee claim

• call dealer explain condition take trans in for them to look at

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • reinstall tranny take to dealer for bearing replacement.

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I pulled my tranny to put a new throwout bearing in the truck only to find the aluminum casting the bearing rides on has a crack. figured id find a front housing then I remembered my truck came with a lifetime powertrain warentee not sur eif it covers the housing. I dont mind taking it in but how do I verify they replaced the front housing & if they didnt how do i explain knowing it's cracked.

1.call the dealer explain what I found set up an apointment to take the transmission in for them to look at?

2. I put it back together drive to the dealer & drop off for service of the throwout bearing & grinding second which happens once

Ill upload some pics this evening.

ABP

Reaction score
If your dealer is cool you should be able to call and explain. It is not like you could crack it pulling out the transmission. If you are not sure if they are cool then I would re-install and take it in.

Reaction score
pics of transmission crack

well heres the pics of the crack.:thumpdown:

Attachments

• 100_1446.jpg
    100_1446.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_1445.jpg
    100_1445.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 78

DoubleD

Reaction score
dude you have some gnarly ware too! I thought mine was bad but your is really bad! (besides the crack) Toyota is screwin me right now so I would put it back in all stock and say its making a funny noise or something and just play dumb. Authorize them to pull the trans and they will fix it on their dime

Reaction score
it's not on there dime I have a lifetime power train warranty that come with the truck pretty sure it's an aftermarket policy

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
it's not on there dime I have a lifetime power train warranty that come with the truck pretty sure it's an aftermarket policy

ya but toyota has a 60k power train warranty too.. you past 60k?

either way, it's gonna get fixed. and HOLY crap that's a good sized crack.

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score

!

...how many miles? :p

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
GOOD GOD MAN :ahhhhh: I thought I drove a lot. I've only got 49,000 on my 07. Do you commute from Jacksonville to Chicago every day?

Reaction score
transporting from jax to different destinations. Tallahassee Melbourne & Ocala once to twice a day.

Reaction score
update

went in today with lifetime warranty info they would like me to take the truck to the dealer I purchased they truck from since I'm unhappy with the way that dealer does business thats not going to happen . This dealer See's no reason they cant do the work since they are an authorized Toyota service center. However I may have to reinstall the transmission & take the truck in ( doesn't make sense to the dealer or myself this is saving them the labor costs) duh. I should know something this afternoon.

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Lifetime warranty is awesome bro!
I hope it all works out in ur favor:top:

Amarillo X

Reaction score
WOW that's the highest mileage I've heard of, especially on an 07! Good luck and let us know.

nine9six

Reaction score
WOW that's the highest mileage I've heard of, especially on an 07! Good luck and let us know.

Ditto! I put 20K miles on my truck since I've joined up here and I thought that was a lot! Hope you get this all taken care of!

Reaction score
well heres the update
option 1 I can reinstall the trany take it in with all my service records they will check everything out & I pay the 100.00 deductable they will fix it.
option 2 I buy the pump housing 103.00
option 3 I spend some cash & install a t56 6 speed.

Reaction score
I'm figuring 2000.00 I cant see much over 3000.00 thats building all the custom adapters

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
If you have the cash the Borg-Warner is the only way to go IMO. Our trannys blow.. and that T56 is bullet proof, tried and true.

Top Bottom