Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cross drilled & slotted rotors help

romaniak

Reaction score
Wuzzup all you X-runner pros...I'm in desperate need of rotors and pads for my X-runner....a friend of mine suggested this aftermarket company based in Canada...here's their website www.xtremestop.com....from what my friend is telling me, this company not only offers high quality performance rotors and pads, they only provide their product to dealers not individuals. My friend has this company's rotors on his RX-8 and i'm telling they look awesome and my friend is super pleased.
Have any of you heard about this company, their product or anything that might help me decide whether i go with their rotors or not? so far i like them based on my friends experience...
Thank you all

Emanon

Reaction score
eh I think cross drilled is overkill for an NA truck and slotted would be enough.

romaniak

Reaction score
URD MKII coming in september... GATOR are the guys in Burlington ofering the xtremestop rotors?

Murderface

Reaction score
eh I think cross drilled is overkill for an NA truck and slotted would be enough.

Regardless if a truck is boosted or not these stock brakes suck ass and any upgrade is better then stock

Emanon

Reaction score
Regardless if a truck is boosted or not these stock brakes suck ass and any upgrade is better then stock

You're telling this to the guy who bought a BBK before even contemplating getting boost.

Yea upgrades are good however I doubt the single piston calipers make enough gases that cross drilling would provide a noticeable improvement. More likely the brakes would fade long before cross drilling was beneficial.

TRD even passed on cross drilling with their BBK.

Tunedx

Reaction score
Soon enough I will let u know how bad the stock brakes suck ballz

Last edited:

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
No, I got a set from Northern performance.

Murderface

Reaction score
All I said was that any upgrade is better then stock...... sheeze. Ya know I've never seen a car manufacturer have slotted brakes on their cars, only cross drilled. I guess they've got it all wrong LOL. I know Porsche and Audi have only cross drilled rotors on their cars, can't think of any other off the top of my head.
But I have to say that most buy crossed drilled for looks and not function

romaniak

Reaction score
as far as the slotted rotors, from what i've heard it helps alot when it comes to keeping the surface of the brake pad as smooth as possible (shaves the pad somehow) to prevent the rotor from gettin those stupid ripples....don't quote me on this cuz it's only what i've heard from asking people...DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THE ROTORS OFFERED At www.xtremestop.com...thanx guyz

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
All I said was that any upgrade is better then stock...... sheeze. Ya know I've never seen a car manufacturer have slotted brakes on their cars, only cross drilled. I guess they've got it all wrong LOL. I know Porsche and Audi have only cross drilled rotors on their cars, can't think of any other off the top of my head.
But I have to say that most buy crossed drilled for looks and not function

Backing you up on this one.... E92 M3 comes stock with cross drilled brakes

bmw-m3-hamann-5-big.jpg

Emanon

Reaction score
Ya know I've never seen a car manufacturer have slotted brakes on their cars, only cross drilled. I guess they've got it all wrong LOL. I know Porsche and Audi have only cross drilled rotors on their cars, can't think of any other off the top of my head.

At no point did I say cross drilling was wrong. What I said is that on an NA X, let me stress NA, it was probably not worth the coin. As you said it would be for looks.

However if you wish to compare Audi and Porsche brakes to an anemic V6 Toyota truck that makes logical sense. Posting a pic of the brakes on 414HP world class handling car when talking about upgrading the rotors on an X yea I'm not following that logic.:hmmmm2:

Slay0r

Reaction score
Manufacturers put the cross drilled rotors on there because their buyers want it, and their money talks.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
At no point did I say cross drilling was wrong. What I said is that on an NA X, let me stress NA, it was probably not worth the coin. As you said it would be for looks.

However if you wish to compare Audi and Porsche brakes to an anemic V6 Toyota truck that makes logical sense. Posting a pic of the brakes on 414HP world class handling car when talking about upgrading the rotors on an X yea I'm not following that logic.:hmmmm2:

My brother has that M3 so I guess wasn't really thinking of the price. Braking is braking. No matter if you NA or boosted you still need to stop. If you really want me to go into some physics and motion equations with you I can.

Put it this way, if your going 80 mph and you need to make an emergency stop it doesn't make a difference if your boosted or not (except that the S/C weighs around 70lbs).

For the extra 100$ish I would spend the extra money for the extra piece of mind.

Murderface

Reaction score

Easy buddy, I never said u were wrong with anything u said, I simply stated u don't see slotted rotors come stock on anything rather cross drilled do. Don't read too deep into what I'm saying, I'm a pretty chill guy

triumphx

Reaction score
Please dont do it with stock calipers, dont waste your money not to mention its too ricey! Slotted or drilled rotors will do you absolutely no good. In order for brakes to work properly they have to get to a certian operating tempature. Slotted or cd rotors work too well and the rotors cant get to optimum tempature and by the time they do (if they do) you'll have crazy brake fade. The reason some higher end stock cars come with them is they have the funds to do enough research and developement to have them work properly. You have to have a caliper with enough surface area to keep the rotors in optimum temp to work properly so you'd be better off just getting a big brake kit instead of dicking around with pads and rotors.

Edgeman

Reaction score
Just a tip about cross drilled rotors. They seem to crack beween the drilled holes with hard track abuse (where the rotors are being heated red hot). Guys who track their Porsches and BMWs are just used to periodically swapping rotors, so that's not a big deal.

Would guess the majority of our trucks aren't spending much time on a track, so cross drilled rotors will probably last as long as non-drilled rotors. I'm also not talking about spending a couple minutes on an auto-X course. Generally you won't heat your rotors like you would on a road course, where you're spending much more time, and braking from much higher speeds.

Click this to see cracks on drilled rotors:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads15/rotor+21250095267.jpg

Last edited:

triumphx

Reaction score
Not to mention your brake pads will wear out faster with slotted rotors!

Top Bottom