Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Custom Traction Bar

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Speed Feek is a member on here, just not very active. He is looking to make some traction bars for the XR community, but he would also like someone that is close to lend a hand so that he can use the XR to do mock up. He is in San Diego.

I asked him about making a set for me, that would be a little beefier than the other sets he has made to be able to control the extra torque my truck puts down. Not to sure if he will do both styles or just the strong style?

So if any San Diego members are interested and can PM him, it would be greatly appreciated!

If i can find some pics, I will post them up.

Last edited by a moderator:

dramad1

Reaction score
I got a driveway queen he can use when ever. Unable to drive it anywhere because as most of you know my motor is blown. Tax season it will be getting rebuilt. But if he wants he can try fitting it at my house. If not no worries. Just trying to offer up some help. I'm located in Ramona.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I will let him know. Thank you for the offer my friend.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
From the pics I have seen, something most similar to the Caltrac design.

Murderface

Reaction score
Well at least it's not like the TTC bars. I still can't get my URD trac bar adjusted properly so that I have no wheel hop. It's getting old I tell ya

triumphx

Reaction score
Picture012.jpg

Here ya go!:top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you sir. In the raw form there.

I found out about it from another member's truck. Speed had made them for it. with the power it makes, and the owner saying he has no wheel hop, it just makes sense to give them a try. I am referring to the owner on here with the Supra Truck.

SPEED-FREEK

Reaction score
I got a driveway queen he can use when ever. Unable to drive it anywhere because as most of you know my motor is blown. Tax season it will be getting rebuilt. But if he wants he can try fitting it at my house. If not no worries. Just trying to offer up some help. I'm located in Ramona.

I really appreciate that, that is very kindof you to offer the help, the only issue is that I was going to build them on the truck so I can make any changes that cause interference, so I would need the truck here, I just dont want to build a set that wont work only to have wasted material. Plus towing would add too much expense.

Sorry to hear about your motor, thats a bummer, I know how expensive they can be to repair...

Well at least it's not like the TTC bars. I still can't get my URD trac bar adjusted properly so that I have no wheel hop. It's getting old I tell ya

I built a set for an X-runner and it TOTALLY ELIMINATED HOP! No adjustment necessary, just install them in a neutral position with no preload and they work like a dream. They will be totally bolt on with no modification necessary.

The ones I built for a CT member were night and day, before the bars I couldnt even push the throttle more than 1/2 way without the truck shuddering so badly that I thought something was going to break, after the install all it did was break loose without wrapping, just like a fine sports car, and left 2 nice uninterupted lines, instead of a chattery stripe.

The kit I am making is similar (one bar for each side with a Heim and a Poly bushing). They mount with a sandwich plate that has a provision for a mounting of the bar and it goes to the front leaf spring eye to a Heim joint that is adjustable for installation and helps for varying ride height (if your lowered etc..)

Thanks in advance for your help guys. TORSPD we will have all fixed up soon, and I assure you will be happy with the end result!

-Jason

triumphx

Reaction score
As long as price is reasonable you can count me in man

SPEED-FREEK

Reaction score
Thank you sir. In the raw form there.

I found out about it from another member's truck. Speed had made them for it. with the power it makes, and the owner saying he has no wheel hop, it just makes sense to give them a try. I am referring to the owner on here with the Supra Truck.

Yep those are the 1st gen bars, however on the X-runner bars I plan of TIG welding them for much cleaner welds and they also come coated in a black PAINTABLE coating so you can paint them any color of your choice or just leave them black like they come.

They work good, I should know, I have a V8 in my truck and they work absolutely prefect not a single hop EVER!

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Looks similar to what 4runners have, except the leafs, but very nice.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That is the plan. At least on a 4x4/PreRunner that is lowered with the Tundra Racing drop kit, like mine. :)

Toon714

Reaction score
Ill get one these traction bars.
Got the same drop kit as torspd.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright. Seems like this is gaining some interest. If there is someone with the lowering kit that is a 4x4 or PreRunner near where Speed is, that would also help. :top:

SPEED-FREEK

Reaction score
OK I can see there is surely interest so I am still tryng to find a person in the area to use for mock up.

As I am just trying to clarify, is the lowered 4x4 going to be exactly the same as the X-runner? I would hate to use an X-runner only to have it not fit the lowered 4x4, I know TORSPD said it was, I just really want to make sure.

The kit I will be making will be even more heavy duty than whats pictured and also TIG welded, the sandwich plate in the picture is only 1/4", now I use 3/8" plate so it is far stronger than the previous kits, and looks nicer with the smaller TIG welds.

Gotto go back to work om a roll cage I am building but I will check in later to see if we have a volunteer yet, I am also checking on Custom Tacos, i should also inquire on Tacoma World as well since that place is Fking huge! I am sure we will be up and running fairly soon guys.

I am pleased to see many potention customers, your going to be very happy with the way these bars perform!!

dramad1

Reaction score
Torspd said:
Alright. Seems like this is gaining some interest. If there is someone with the lowering kit that is a 4x4 or PreRunner near where Speed is, that would also help. :top:

Sdxrunner and or red-xrunner-pride, r1chris, all may be interested in lending a hand. They are the only ones I have seen in Dago on a almost regular basis. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help or I'd jump at the opportunity. Gl and keep us posted. Looks sick already.

Top Bottom