Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Did not know where to put this but....

gixxer750

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am a newbie to this site. I have a few ?'s regarding the beloved X. I went to the stealership today and asked about one and the guy said that it is a special order vehicle only, what he meant was they did not stock them. Soo my ? to you all is is this true or is he yanking my crank? As far as the truck itself goes I have always loved these trucks and am now in a situation where I can have my toy and use my WRX as a DD and winter car and use the truck as a toy hauler and weekend project.

Any info that I am unaware of would be much appreciated as I can see that it may be difficult to get my hands on one of these trucks, I am looking to hopefully buy in the march-april time frame.

Thanks for help:rock:

x-stealth

Reaction score
i think they suspended the production of XRs for a bit. There is a post somewhere on it.

MusTrd

Reaction score
I believe for the most part they are. I leased a 2006 originally and had to put down a $500 deposit and the salesman notified me of the next one he had coming in. When I got the 2008, it was a dealer trade with a dealer in Oklahoma City. If you're looking for a 2009 though I think you have to find one already out there at this point. See here

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=20551

Grumpy

Reaction score
^^^ While that may be true, and its a rare truck to begin with. So certain part of the country, its difficult to get your hands on one... even during normal production time.

My $.02

X-Pablo

Reaction score
When I went searching dealerships in my area, there where no XR's other than a couple of used ones, The dealer said he could order me one, first he had to verifiy if any Toyota dealer in Western Canada had one sitting on their lot, he found one a BSP and said he could get if for me, I wanted a SWB and was pretty firm on it, I told him not interested in BSP, so few weeks went by and then came word about production of X-Runner's being suspended, so I had to confirm the order with the dealer, and idiot sales guy wasn't able to provide me with written confirmation of my order as I requested, after not returning my calls and no response from an email, I decided to go in person, seeming how the already had my deposit otherwise I would've gone elsewhere, then they leveled with me at the dealership saying the order for a SWB X-Runner kept being rejected from factory, they were trying to find out why from Toyota Canada Inc. which is distributor of all Toyota's in Canada, and they couldn't get an answer from them, so they say, anyhow they told me since the order is not placed yet, I'd be looking for delivery around June at the earliest for a '09 X-Runner as all the first half of '09 Tacoma's for Canada have been delivered, after another search they found a nearby dealer who just received a '09 BSP X-Runner, It had 5 miles (8km) on it so I snagged
it. As I couldn't wait until June for a '09 and have since had a change of heart with the color, I love my BSP X-Runner. - Anyhow this is my story, I did shop around in Washington state for an X-Runner and had very little interest from dealers wanting to sell me one (non in stock) , the same as here in my area I sent an email to all the local Toyota dealers on a quote for a '09 Tacoma X-Runner and only 2 out of 9 Toyota dealers responded to my orignal email.

Also I wasn't able to haggle on price - only extra accessories, I wanted the X so bad I didn't care, then Toyota Canada called me for a survey as the salesguy said they would he said he'd throw in a free oil change, if I gave him a 10 out 10 rating. I gave him a 2 out of 10! - So much for my freebie $25 value cheap ass oil and filter change. I'll do my own oil changes with quality oil and products, thank you very much :laugh: and next time don't lie too me :stupid:.

Last edited:

gixxer750

Reaction score
Soo much for having to shop around lol. I got on autotrader the closest one to me was in Coraopolis PA, so got in touch with my local sales guru they did a dealer trade for it drove it in on the night of th 18th and I picked it up on the 19th. It is a 2009 SBP and the accesories it has were door sills and carpet floor mats. I didn't even notice it had a built in sub in the shape of an X and it lights up to woohoo. Sooo yea I am excited :rock:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome! Glad to hear that you got the X brother - and I guess this means an official Welcome to XRU is in order. :rockon:

Spyder327

Reaction score
Very nice, glad you were able to pick one up so quick:top:

Welcome to the site:rock:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sweet deal man. Best thing is...you're happpy.

mspeasl

Reaction score
Used Red X-Runner

gixxer750

Good luck with the new truck. I'm sure you will enjoy it like we all enjoy ours. :top:

Last edited:

gixxer750

Reaction score
thanks for the welcome people much appreciate and I do like the new ride should be a great project/toy hauler. I still have to show the WRX some mod love from time to time to now if only I could get my hands on a crawford performance long block ohhh the possibilities :rock:

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Enjoy the truck, and now that you know how rare it is take good care of it. It'll be worth BILLIONS one day.

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
dealer with dealerships sucks.

I had my heart set on a SWB (near same color as my last truck) but the nearest dealer to me with one was in Orlando on in Greensboro NC.

I looked around and found a used one with 30K in Columbia, and I found a black one with 14K 5 miles from the house (and $1000 cheaper than the one with 30K). Carmax offered to import one from California for me that had 10K on it, but at a cost of $900 and up to a 45 day wait. :thumpdown:

I didn't feel like driving or paying for delivery to a local dealer...so I test drove the BSP and tada...best decision I ever made....Murdered FTW :biggrin:

X-Pablo

Reaction score
I think they are special order

From what I was told dealers can pick what model of Tacoma's they want for inventory they are only alotted a limited amount per model year, some dealers get an X-Runner model depending on the area market, look way up north in Whitehorse, Yukon there apparently is a 2009 BSP either in the showroom of MicMac Toyota or frozen solid, buried in snow on their lot. I know there is at least one member on XR-U from Whitehorse, Yt and he did mention there were a few XR's in that area, so lot's of young people in Whitehorse, so this is why MicMac has a new XR. I went to Wilson's Toyota in Bellingham, Wa and they had lots of Tacoma's on the lot, but no X-Runner's.
Most young people in that area that I see hang out on street corners with squeegies. If anybody here is from Bellingham,Wa I'm not dissing your city, but that's all I see when I go there. :dontknow:

I think the 2009 X-Runner model will be the least produced, it should be interesting to find out exactly how many 2009 XR's were made for North America, question is will there be a 2010 Tacoma XR model ??? I know my X-Runner was one of the first 2009 models produced from comparing VIN #'s to other 2009 X-Runner's VIN's I found online.

speed_raca7

Reaction score
your gonna love this truck! hell yeah a subaru!! please post sum pics haha

Top Bottom