Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Did your Weathertech Mats fit?

Did you trim your WeatherTech DigitalFit mats?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to pick up a set of the digital fit mats for the front of my '09 and was wondering what percentage of the people on here had to trim the mats to clear the clutch. I did the clutch pedal mod to make the engagement zone smaller and closer to the floor. I don't know if that will affect whether I will have to cut them.

Murderface

Reaction score
Yup you'll need to cut a little section out so the pedal won't grab it on it's way back up. No biggie though u can't see it anyways

sohc4now

Reaction score
DeFinately trim to clear the clutch pedal. I read about this before I ordered my mats and kept it in the back of my mind. I tested it out before I drove it and the clutch stayed on the floor. TRIM IT!

Murderface

Reaction score
About a 1 1/4" by 1 1/4" square outta the very top

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
yup had to trim mine, take your time and you can make it look stock. I was worried about it when i bought them but after seeing how easy it was to cut and make it work I am very happy with them

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I trimmed mine. Its just a very small "notch"

Put the mat in, take a white crayon and go and push the clutch in with your hand and mark where you need to trim.

Trim with sharp scissors or carefully with a razor

5000XD

Reaction score
I had to trim mine. It got stuck every time I engaged the clutch, way too risky to drive like that if you ask me.

nine9six

Reaction score
Had to trim mine. If you notice on the site, it says something along the lines of "For Automatics Only".

A simple notch is all it needs. I didn't trim them at first, but after a test drive, with pushing the clutch *ALL* the way down, it got stuck. Something you can avoid if you know about it...but my GF drives the truck every once in a while...and that's the *LAST* thing I needed happen to her when shes driving.

Still though, those were the single best purchase I've made for the truck. Love my WeatherTech liners.

o5oldblue

Reaction score
I had to trim the drivers side mat where the clutch pedal is. I just cut while following the contour of the mat until the pedal stopped catching the mat

Scarface

Reaction score
Rather my clutch pedal get stuck than my gas. Just saying. But I didn't need to trim my mat

SooRunner

Reaction score
I cut my digital mat big enough so my clutch pedal will no where grab the mat....:biggrin:

nine9six

Reaction score
Rather my clutch pedal get stuck than my gas. Just saying. But I didn't need to trim my mat

My GF (and I'd hope anyone who's driven) would throw the truck in Neutral and let it pop before that became a problem. The clutch I can see her focusing on trying to pry it back up (which you can't really do if it's on the floor, behind a digial-fit liner) and thus get into an accident.

I'd like to see a picture of the mats that people didn't have to trim. And then a picture of the clutch all the way down (while the liner is installed).

Just want to see if the variation is in the liner, or how far people press their clutch to the floor.

*EDIT*

Scarface, if you ever get bored enough to throw the Ruckus in the XR and snap a picture...send it to me. Long story, but my roommate would *die* laughing. (He has a Ruckus, in short).

Reaction score
My GF (and I'd hope anyone who's driven) would throw the truck in Neutral and let it pop before that became a problem. The clutch I can see her focusing on trying to pry it back up (which you can't really do if it's on the floor, behind a digial-fit liner) and thus get into an accident.

I'd like to see a picture of the mats that people didn't have to trim. And then a picture of the clutch all the way down (while the liner is installed).

Just want to see if the variation is in the liner, or how far people press their clutch to the floor.

*EDIT*

Scarface, if you ever get bored enough to throw the Ruckus in the XR and snap a picture...send it to me. Long story, but my roommate would *die* laughing. (He has a Ruckus, in short).

It may just be a tolerance stack-up in the truck itself that allows it to clear the mat. Or if the clutch is left in the factory adjusted position the engagement zone is far enough out that they don't have to push the pedal to the floor to completely disengage it. I just wanted to make sure the notch was not big enough to make it not worth buying the mats.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
worth getting them no doubt.

I remembered i had a pic of mine installed and you can tell where the cutout is

p1010109.jpg

Reaction score
That's not too bad. I was going to go with the light gray but the contrast with the black mats actually looks pretty good.

monies

Reaction score
had to trim mine were the clutch pedal was. about 30 min

Reaction score
Do these mats tuck in underneath the dead pedal or are they only held in place by the two floor hooks?

Top Bottom