Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DJM + powdercoating

III

Reaction score
sup guys, i figure a bunch of hawaii dudes use DJM control arms to lower da fronts, my question is if so, how many of u guys decided to powdercoat the arms first, and from where? i kno a lotta people use mekala's for PC'ing...

since the issue is the shitty quality of the original finish on the DJM pieces, do u find that it's worth it to have the arms re-finished ? i notice a lotta mainland guys do it to fight rust, etc.. but they also drive on salted roads through winters. (yes i realize we're around salt areas too surrounded by ocean)

also if u did get em coated, how much $ was it to do?

thanks

AbunaiXR

Reaction score
I dont think it is necessary. I believe most guys here run them as is, like i do. Granted it does flake off, but it doesn't rust as much as you may think. I think itall be more of an appearance upgrade than a durability one.

Rims cost roughly $90-$100 a wheel. So im sure itall be a little less than that to powdercoat. Not sure where is a good place to go.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
As I say every time this question gets brought up, powder coat them. Every time I have the wheel off or under the truck I can't stand looking at them all rusty and shyt.

GR6RR

Reaction score
hawaii doesnt get snow and salt, its okay not to pc, but do it as precautionary measure....

Top Bottom