Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drivers Side Door Panel Squeak

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Ok so just recently i've started getting a really loud annoying squeak coming from my drivers side door panel. It only squeaks when the window is down. Has anyone else had this problem? If so could it just be a missing plastic clip or would it have something to do with the track the window slides on?

TommyXrunner

Reaction score

KaeserTRD

Reaction score
Ok so just recently i've started getting a really loud annoying squeak coming from my drivers side door panel. It only squeaks when the window is down. Has anyone else had this problem? If so could it just be a missing plastic clip or would it have something to do with the track the window slides on?

My driver's side door panel squeaks/rattles when the window is all of the way down. I have to put the window up a few inches to get it to stop. It's pretty annoying if you want to put your arm out the window. I am planning on taking off the door panel to check it out, but that's not on the top of my list right now.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
My driver's side door panel squeaks/rattles when the window is all of the way down. I have to put the window up a few inches to get it to stop. It's pretty annoying if you want to put your arm out the window. I am planning on taking off the door panel to check it out, but that's not on the top of my list right now.

mines the exact same.....raise it up a few inches and it goes away :hmmmm2: i did put new components up front recently and i noticed i had some missing clips but not sure if thats the problem or not :dontknow:

christhepike

Reaction score
my passenger door when closing from fully opened has a slight catch and a metal moan for a split second :frown:

SHUmaker

Reaction score

Mine was doing the same thing with the window down, an annoying squeak that kinda sounded like it was something rubbing together. so I tried this stuff called friction tape and put a strip over each of the rubber weather lining's both on the inside of the door itself and the lining on the cab where they come together whene my door closes...........its been 3 days now and not a squeak!!! I can post a few pics later on but so far my remedy is working great and I can finally drive in peace lol

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing with the window down, an annoying squeak that kinda sounded like it was something rubbing together. so I tried this stuff called friction tape and put a strip over each of the rubber weather lining's both on the inside of the door itself and the lining on the cab where they come together whene my door closes...........its been 3 days now and not a squeak!!! I can post a few pics later on but so far my remedy is working great and I can finally drive in peace lol

i'd love to see some pics of exactly what you did. the rattling is almost unbearable!

SHUmaker

Reaction score
i'd love to see some pics of exactly what you did. the rattling is almost unbearable!

ill get some as soon as I can.....ive had my X loaded down moving into my new place but ill be sure to upload a few pics becuase I havent heard and squeak or anything of that sort since I used the friction tape :top:

on mine it was the weather stripping lining the inside of the door jam and the door itself rubbing together so I just put a strip of this friction tape (made by 3M) on both sides and no more rubbing.....Its so f***ing awesome!!!!!

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
thats awesome man! i sure hope it works for me. sounds like an easy fix!

Top Bottom