Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drivers side window come loose

Bam527

Reaction score
2010 XR window seems like it come off the clips need help to fix. Would like to be pointed in the right direction

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Take off your door panel there are two screws that connect your window to the motor track. Hopefully you can just put the window back on track and put the bolts back in.

But I'm thinking that it may be worse. On my wife's car on the window track there are plastic pieces that glide on the track that hold a metal piece in place to raise and lower your window (sorry I don't know what the exact names are called). If those plastic pieces are broke you will have to get a new track assembly since I they aren't sold by themselves. Hers broke and I had to replace the entire assembly.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Heres a good how to for getting the door skin off:
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yjhYKzE_yBg[/ame]

Peel it off and peel off the plastic barrier and you should have a pretty good idea from there what's going on!

Bam527

Reaction score
Wow thanks a lot! It's cold here so I might wait till tomorrow to work on it. Happy Thanksgiving.

Bam527

Reaction score
Ok so I took the panel off and the window seemed to be glued to the plastic clips. Does anyone know I just go buy more glue and what kind or do I go buy more clips?

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
There are holes in the plastic clips where the screws go through to connect it to the window track

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Ok so I took the panel off and the window seemed to be glued to the plastic clips. Does anyone know I just go buy more glue and what kind or do I go buy more clips?
leave the door panel off and call a glass company they can fix those tabs for you. If they tell you you going to need a whole glass it's prolly a lie. I worked in the shop and they can fix them and not have a customer buy a whole new glass. Call safelite or a good glass company

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Top Bottom