Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dyno'ed the X

XPC_XR

Reaction score
Well my friends and I had a dyno day today at AMS in Irvine (pretty cool guys there at the shop).

Heres my dyno. Im stock but I wanted it for my baseline. What have others dyno'ed at?

I recorded all my friends dynos including my trucks dyno, lol. I'll probably add some clips after I start editing.

X-RunnerDynoBaseline-AMS7-21-2007.jpg

Pics are courtesy of my friend since i was filming.
DynoDay9.jpg

Thats the shop owner, not me, lol.
DynoDay14.jpg

DynoDay15.jpg

Oh and I got pwned by the new Tundra hahah. Its a beast! 312/350 is what the new Tundra pulled. :rock:

DynoDay19.jpg

DynoDay18.jpg

XPC_XR

Reaction score
Didnt AMS Perormance build the killer evo. This shop owner does have a nice evo tho from what my friend was saying.

Jonathan

Reaction score
the tundra only pulled 100 hp and 100 tq more? its rated at 150 more hp, and 130 ish more tq......

XPC_XR

Reaction score
the tundra only pulled 100 hp and 100 tq more? its rated at 150 more hp, and 130 ish more tq......

The 5.7s are also auto. The shop owner said autos usually lose 22% due to drive train lose while manuals lose 12%. If you figure 22% you lose like 80hp. So the dyno numbers sound about aright if you ask me. :dontknow:

Nice lookin XR Bro

Thanks man. :biggrin:

Simplex Effect

Reaction score

Larger drivetrain loss?... :dontknow:

I would be happy with those #'s if I had a new Tundra. But the first thing I would do after I bought it would be to remove all the restrictive exhaust parts. :rock:

Sykotic336

Reaction score
awesome truck bro keep up the awesomness :D and the new tundra crewcab is soooo deadly... lol i was watching a commercial and it pulled that big ass trailler off the cliff and i was like "WTF!!?!?!!" and arent they the one that created the v8 ls evo?

XDsm

Reaction score
How much did it run you to dyno your truck? Did you have to make an appointment? I wouldn't mind doing it bc Irvine isn't that far from where I am.

07speedwayblue

Reaction score
My wife has the new tundra (Crewmax), big dog.
Makes my truck look like an emaciated cat.

It is pretty stout!

The figures on the dyno are HP at the wheels and not at the engine, correct? HP at the wheels is what you want to be seeing and not so much at the engine, correct? (Due to the previously mentioned, loss of energy through heat/friction).

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
speedway,the rear wheel numbers are what your interested in.If I didn't love my XR soo much, My big ass would definately be in the crewmax for sure. that truck is a brute.!:top:

XPC_XR

Reaction score
My wife has the new tundra (Crewmax), big dog.
Makes my truck look like an emaciated cat.

It is pretty stout!

The figures on the dyno are HP at the wheels and not at the engine, correct? HP at the wheels is what you want to be seeing and not so much at the engine, correct? (Due to the previously mentioned, loss of energy through heat/friction).

Correct. A dyno will give you HP at the wheel. IMO thats how car manufacturers SHOULD quote a vehicles power. Its more realistic. :top:

Pretty good numbers for a stock truck.:top:
Thanks.

Top Bottom