Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Engine Racket

MaxLatG

Reaction score
Two things:
First, coming off a 6 sp Accord, I've been spoiled by the turbine like smoothness of that engine all the way to redline. I know it's a truck, but I wasn't preparred for all of the racket coming from the other side of the firewall, especialy north of 4000 rpm. Is all of the buzziness normal?

Second, at what rpm does the VVT-i switch over in the XR?

MaxLatG

Reaction score
There's a LOT of vibration & buzziness. Like it's seriously unbalanced. Up to 3k it's fine, 4k it's noticeable, and taking it to 5k is just insane with noise and vibration. It's not intake or road noise either. If you've ever flown in a small plane like a Cessna where the engine shakes the whole airframe, the effect is the same.

dermaestro

Reaction score
That's very odd. I'd take it in if I were you. My truck isn't like that at all. Maybe it's possible the dash mounts are loose...I dunno, but it's definitely worth taking in for it.

stretch200

Reaction score
Get someone who lives by you to take a ride with you and see if its normal or now.

X-Runnin

Reaction score
Thats completely normal, it's what the volant intake (and all other intakes) sounds like, its pretty crazy, but I like it:top:

MaxLatG

Reaction score
I think I might go to another dealer & test drive another XR.

No, it's not the intake, because it's almost all vibration.

BSPX

Reaction score
its a truck man, maybe you just arent used to the power?! j/k, they do make some noise, but the lifters and valvetrain and pretty noisy as well as the injectors

House

Reaction score
Just to calm your worries, I would go to a different dealer and test drive one and see if it feels the same way.

Top Bottom