Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Exterior Plans for college kid, Nascar fan.

Reaction score
was thinking of going with a nascar truck theme for my PreRunner... When I get my refund check from my college I was going to get the spoiler, and this : http://www.carid.com/2007-toyota-tacoma-body-kits/vis-racing-front-lip-13008956.html . My question is, is it an easy install, and cheap for a shop to paint SWB. Also I was thinking of getting a soft bedcover after that. I plan to sell my brush guard when my truck comes back to the shop if they put another one on there. Also, do you think it sounds like a dumb idea? I wanna have the SWB Kyle Busch truck for a DD....

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Likely easier to trade your pre-runner for an X-Runner.....

SgtBadA

Reaction score
It's your truck do what you want with it. That front lip is way cheaper than the Toyota factory one. Body shop here charges close to 500 per side for that front lip and that's not painted. My experience with SWB paint is that some shops suck at painting and matching paints. Just find a good shop to have it done at and you should be fine.

Reaction score
It's your truck do what you want with it. That front lip is way cheaper than the Toyota factory one. Body shop here charges close to 500 per side for that front lip and that's not painted. My experience with SWB paint is that some shops suck at painting and matching paints. Just find a good shop to have it done at and you should be fine.

The 500 better be for the part too.... And how hard to install you think? And how much is a decent paint price?

TRON

Reaction score
The 500 better be for the part too.... And how hard to install you think? And how much is a decent paint price?

There is nothing easy about prefabbing that front spoiler... Not sure if the pre runner fender wells are the exact same as the xrunner. However, all in all it's possible... I got my whole body kit painted for around 1K...

SgtBadA

Reaction score
The lip is held in with clips mainly. It's 500 per side so 1000 bucks for the parts. Maybe a couple hundred for paint

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
The lip is held in with clips mainly. It's 500 per side so 1000 bucks for the parts. Maybe a couple hundred for paint

This is true but the XR fenders and bumpers have holes for the clips, the pre-runner fenders don't.....TRON how did you manage to mount everything? And did you use the VIS kit or OEM?

TRON

Reaction score
This is true but the XR fenders and bumpers have holes for the clips, the pre-runner fenders don't.....TRON how did you manage to mount everything? And did you use the VIS kit or OEM?

I think a good sand, prime, and paint job on the entire body kit alone is 1k... The OEM body kit install was probably the hardest mod I've ever did on the truck. My truck has sport flares, which are much wider than the xrunner, so I had to cut the body kit to fit those flares and wheel wells...

I tried to stay plastic throughout by using zip ties, epoxy, and heavy duty plastic mounts... I have some pics on my thread building it. Everything is holding up great, weather in Colorado is super cold and hot through out all the seasons. So it's Holding up to the elements... However, if I chose to do again, I would probably skip the body kit all together and just drop it like torspd:top:

TRON

Reaction score
I agree that website is not OEM... However, there are Toyota OEM parts websites that have what you are looking for. Just keep in mind you will have to custom fab this install... I found it easier to remove the front bumper completely in order to work on the front spoiler.

Reaction score
Oem or not the look doesn't matter too much. I just want to have my front end look like the nascar trucks... How do I custom fab? I have no knowledge of that....

Reaction score
So from what I've read it calls this a bumper cover... But is it bolt on the VSR one, or just a cover?

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
A different angles of that one...

112333_1.jpg

112333_2.jpg

http://www.duraflexbodykits.com/2005-2010-toyota-tacoma-duraflex-front-bumper-cover-piece-duraflex-112333-p-582260.html

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
These parts are more than likely arrived unpainted. I imagine you plan to have them professionally painted....leave I to a good body shop especially if you're not comfortable with what needs to be done to make it work. Good luck.

Reaction score
These parts are more than likely arrived unpainted. I imagine you plan to have them professionally painted....leave I to a good body shop especially if you're not comfortable with what needs to be done to make it work. Good luck.

It looks sick! I plan to have it painted. Just not sure on install.

Reaction score
Top Bottom