Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Faster Rev... What's needed?

PaistE6m@mac.com

Reaction score
Ok, so the X stock clutch and fw probably have one of the slowest rev's i have ever heard and I wanna get rid of it... I know I need a new clutch and fw so what have yall put on your trucks?

Let me know!

lamecargo

Reaction score
comp Clutch and a fodinza lightweight flywheel Contact one of our vendors theyll get you hooked up

SooRunner

Reaction score
Opening up the exhaust a little gets your rev up faster too....

rich017

Reaction score
Fidanza flywheel, and a set of pulleys as well as an electric fan. Then there are the basic mods like intake, exhaust, and headers.

Organic Mechanic

Reaction score
part of it is just that it's a long stroke truck motor.

the 2uz-FE, the shorter stroke 3.5L version of our engine thats in the Camry V6s turns like 6500 or more. And it makes more HP, but less torque.

Its the same engine, pistons are the same size, they just don't move as far.

Grumpy

Reaction score
^^ you mean 2GR. Same bore, shorter stroke.

Reduce any rotating mass will help to rev up faster. Light weight wheelss, pulleys, and flywheel will get you started.

Gadget

Reaction score
I have one Fidanza flywheel left on the shelf...

Gadget

PaistE6m@mac.com

Reaction score
Thanks for the fb!
I'll be using it here shortly... And I would love to get a Flywheel right now but I don't have the money just yet but when I do I'll be getting back to ya Gadget!

Thanks

Gadget

Reaction score
Ok

g

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Coupe

Reaction score
I noticed a nice improvement when switching to a NST crank pulley and adding headers.

firetuner911

Reaction score
if your wanting a 4.0L V6 to rev like a 2.2 4cyl its not gonna happen, but an e-fan, a fully set of pulleys from NST, a lightweight flywheel and clutch, intake, headers, exhaust will be a huge improvement. if you wanna get real crazy, forged pistons, lightened and knife edged crank and more aggressive cams with a 3 axis PnP. but your talking some serious bank. the other thing you have to look at is wether you wanna stay N/A or go Fi and how soon, if your N/A and you get rid of all the rotating mass, your not gonna have any low end torque for launching, if your Fi, the added power makes up for the lack of inertia in the drivetrain. hope that helps

KETCHUP

Reaction score
when I did my electonic fan and removed my clutch fan it seemed to rev a little faster than before. I have the NTS crank, WP, and alt pullies that make a little bit of difference.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Where did you get your e fan from?

you can get them from a junk yard...4wheelparts.com...or support your vendors and talk to shane from sittin' sic. shane carries the Flex-A-Lite E-Fans for 05'-09' Tacoma. He'll hook you up for sure...:top:

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
A blower will fix that problem bro, it did for me.

Top Bottom