Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

favorite type of oil filter

favorite type of oil filter

• Amsoil

Votes: 32 13.0%
  • Mobile1

Votes: 36 14.6%
  • OEM

Votes: 72 29.3%
  • Fram

Votes: 25 10.2%
  • Purolator

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • K&N

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Bosch

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 20 8.1%

• Total voters

Gonzo464

Reaction score
Mobile 1, used them on all my changes on my last truck. Had no issues with it.

Murderface

Reaction score
I was using the oversized Amsoil filter but just recently swung by my local Toyota dealer and picked up some Toyota filters for our engine. Think I paid about $12 for 2 of them and I'm sure they're worth every bit of that. From what I've read Toyota filters are top notch:top:

TRD-X

Reaction score
And I'll say it again TRD oil filters. ftw
You have a Toyota now get the best filter for it.

http://www.trdsparks.com/displayparts.php?Mdl_dtl=609&Part_cat=30&parts_id=2021

TRDoilf.jpg

Murderface

Reaction score
Jim is that filter made by Toyota or is it made by K & N?
Also how much better then the regular 1GR Toyota filter is it?

TRD-X

Reaction score
Jim is that filter made by Toyota or is it made by K & N?
Also how much better then the regular 1GR Toyota filter is it?

John as a note Toyota don't make any of their parts as to who makes it I don't know, but I can find out for you. TRD vs the stock filter yes it's better flow and filtering of oil. I have a magnetic oil drain bolt and never see any metal dust on it.

Look here:http://www.frsport.com/Titek-MAGDP-RD-Magnetic-Oil-Drain-Bolt-Plug-M12-x-1.25-RED_p_15535.html

SooRunner

Reaction score
I heard from many people Fram sucks...but everyone has their cup of tea...I would go OEM or K&N cuz that is what I use on my motorcycle too. OEM filters cost the same or a tad bit more than Fram so you should buy OEM anyway.

TRD-X

Reaction score
This is for you John.:top:

Jamie
Sparks Toyota
TRDSparks.com

Question: Jamie the guys asked me who makes the trd oil filter do you know?
Thanks Jim

Reply: Jamie Not 100% sure but it looks exactly like the K&N filters. Even with the 1" head on the top.

Question:Your a lot of help Jamie you should know who makes TRD parts! I bet Ken most likely knows this. As a note I know TRD don't make anything they sell and it does look like a K&N to me. Jim

Reply: Jamie You goof, you know trd doesn't tell us. But yes, k&n lol.

So here's your answer John it's a K&N filter

TRD-X

Reaction score
I think TRD USA uses K&N. I wonder what JDM TRD uses?

Jamie said TRD/USA uses K&N Cuz and as for TRD Japan it's the samething a vendor makes the parts.:top:

Now even if K&N makes the TRD filter they are not the same, one K&N mades to TRD specifications.

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
This is for you John.:top:

Jamie
Sparks Toyota
TRDSparks.com

Question: Jamie the guys asked me who makes the trd oil filter do you know?
Thanks Jim

Reply: Jamie Not 100% sure but it looks exactly like the K&N filters. Even with the 1" head on the top.

Question:Your a lot of help Jamie you should know who makes TRD parts! I bet Ken most likely knows this. As a note I know TRD don't make anything they sell and it does look like a K&N to me. Jim

Reply: Jamie You goof, you know trd doesn't tell us. But yes, k&n lol.

So here's your answer John it's a K&N filter

Ha that was my guess is that it was made by K & N, thx Jim

trxjwb

Reaction score
oil filters

I use the cheapest oil filters and change them like underwear, I think they all do the same but oem is costly you can usually by four generic oil filters for the price of a manufacture filter

Murderface

Reaction score
I use the cheapest oil filters and change them like underwear, I think they all do the same but oem is costly you can usually by four generic oil filters for the price of a manufacture filter

I just bought 2 OEM filters and it cost me under $13 bucks so that's under $6 each. Where are u getting filters for $1.25 and who makes them? I'd be worried about those coming apart and fudging the engine up.

autobodyX

Reaction score
I buy a case of filters at at a time from the Toyota dealer to get the best price. Run mobil 1 0w-30 for more pony's and better fuel mileage/economy. I have spent many days at the track in the upper rpm band and pulling some good gees in the corners,no problems yet!

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
Mobil one filter and oil. Been using them since the truck was brand new, have 73k and oil is pretty clean when it comes time to change

Top Bottom