Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

February 2009 : Gadget's 2005 SWB

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
February 2009 : TOP RiDE
Gadget's 2005 SWB X-Runner

The Story behind the Ride:
In December 2004 I was driving home from work and a brand new red X-Runner pass me. That is all I could think about that night. I really loved the look of that truck. I decided I had to have one.

I got to work the next day and it was clear that I was not going to get any work done. I could not stop thinking about that X-Runner I saw the day before. I started calling every single Toyota dealer in Maryland. I found the ONLY X-Runner in the whole state. The dealer in Fredrick Maryland had a Speedway Blue X-Runner on the lot. I went AWOL from work and raced up there.

The deal was complete and I was driving away from the dealer in less than one hour from the time I arrived with my new 2005 SWB X-Runner!!

Being the type that has to tinker with everything I started taking the engine apart as soon as I got home. I had the intake plenum and fuel injectors out and on the work bench within 30 minutes arriving back home and the modifications started. Being that the truck was so new there was not many performance modifications available at the time. What did not exist had to be created, and my truck became the URD product development vehicle.

My wife got home and asked me, who’s blue truck is that in the driveway? I have a great wife. She did not give me any grief over buying it and has never asked to drive it!!
Now, 75,000 miles later it is even more fun to drive than the day I bought it and it just keeps getting better and better. I now have a 422 RWHP, 160 MPH Lamborghini humbling monster!

This truck is a very good deal for what it is. You just cannot find vehicles today that are rear wheel drive, that handle and perform as good as it does, looks great, and is this much fun in this price range.

I am honored that my truck has been chosen to be XRU's Top Ride this month.

Performance Modifications:
] URD MKII, Stage III Supercharger with 422 RWHP at 6200 RPM
] URD 255 LPH Fuel Pump/Filter Upgrade
] URD Rear O2 Simulator
] URD Competition Y Pipe
] URD 3" Cat-Back Performance Exhaust
] URD Short Throw Shifter
] URD Traction Bar
] APR X-1
] StopTech 332mm Big Brake Kit
] Installed Toyota OEM oil cooler
] BFG KDWII Tires

Interior modifications:
] Jotto Desk PC mount with mobile XR-U connection
] Modified Pontiac GTO Seats
] Full Ram-Mat treatment
] Pioneer AVIC D-3 Stereo with Navigation, Blue Tooth, and XM Radio
] Sony Speakers
] OEM inverter modified for in cab use (blue extension cord connected to bed outlet...)

Exterior modifications:
] OEM Wheels Powder Coated Gold-Bronze color
] Clear Bra applied to front and side mirrors
] URD Supercharged Logo on tail gate
] XR-U and URD stickers on back window
] Grillcraft aftermarket upper and lower grill
] Toyota Daytime Running Light Conversion
] Gaylords tonneau cover with speedster wing
] Yellow Fog Light Conversion
] High/Low HID headlight conversion

Future modifications:
] Luminous Solutions Halo Projector Headlights
] PLX DM-100 OBD iMFD Gauge Package with Sensor Modules for AFR, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Boost, Fuel Pressure, and EGT

I think that I speak for the whole community when I say thank you Gadget for all that you do for us. You've helped me on more than one occasion with my truck, even going so far as to help me with the installation of my TRD supercharger and tune. I've been to plenty of meets where I've always seen you helping someone with something. You sir, are truly an inspiring person and someone that we are very lucky to have be so dedicated to this forum and community.

Congratulations Gadget and great work on the truck!

ntinhri

Reaction score
congrats.............................

I wanted to be the first to reply. Gadget is truly what XRU is made of.. He is always willing to help someone out. He has driven 4 hours for a hour wing dinner. He has showed upto many mod days to help one of us out in va beach..He has shown upto my house helped me many many times, helped others all the while folks are calling and hes helping them on their cars and trucks. NOONE will ever know all that he has done.Hanging out with gadget you would understand, he isnt the way he is just cause of URD.. More so its cause hes a heck of a guy! But gadget is a great friend as well.

congrats Gadget! you are over due!!

Last edited:

PLCX

Reaction score
well deserved.. with out a doubt

Vince77

Reaction score
Oh hell yeah! This is really way over due. Big congrats gadget, well deserved.

MusTrd

Reaction score
Congratulations! I'm actually surprised it's been this long, it's definitely well deserved :adore:

Great job on the graphics at the top of the home page Klint, looks awesome as usual :top:

Alexrunner

Reaction score
NICE RIDE, I have had the pleasure of riding in this beast. So awesome! CONGRATS

X-Caliber

Reaction score
Gadget you and your truck are truly an inspiration to us all, Good luck on your next mod (If you can find anything else in that beast to modify).

And grats to the Top Ride award!

Shanes56

Reaction score
Very nice Congrats G

Well deserved, were is your future mod list?

NixXR462

Reaction score
It really took to long to make you top ride. Your X should have been one of the first. Congrats.

Super Werty

Reaction score
Congrats! You deserve it! Thanks so much for helping out with my truck too...its awesome now thanks to you and URD:rock:

Yallrun

Reaction score
Congrats Gadget, No doubt you got a killer X! :top:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom