Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Finally got an X!!!

christhepike

Reaction score
Hi everyone, after years of drooling over a friend's 05 red x-runner I have bought my own!!! So happy with this truck and on day two I was already modding! Happy to find such a helpful forum and looking forward to future meets/drives!

-Chris
Huntsville AL

Attachments

• 2013-05-14 15.22.38.jpg
    2013-05-14 15.22.38.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG950870.jpg
    IMG950870.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 98

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to XRU.... I hope you didn't grind out the rad support...

gunner76137

Reaction score
Welcome 2 the underground.
What kind of modding r u doing????

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the Underground! :top:

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
welcome aboard mang!

why are you grinding that out? :hmmmm2:

chatt x

Reaction score
At least he is wearing safety glasses! Smart thinking sir but like everyone is asking, why the grinder? Welcome BTW!

Click

Reaction score
Welcome, from the picture, looks good for an 05.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Welcome to the U. Be sure u check the vendor threads for all your Xr's needs.

christhepike

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys! Yes I was cutting the brace for the bumper/hood latch support. Gonna do the recessed grille mod and didnt like seeing the brace in the middle of the grille. Have to weld in a stiffer peice of metal to support the hood latch cause now its a 2 man job to button the hood lol. Did the Fog Light patch also. Pulled my rear brake drums and wire brushed/repainted black. Also relocating the horn mounts to clean out the front. Debating stenciling TRD on the cooler. Opinions?

Did this stuff the second day I had the truck! HDlights, yella fogs, taillights, short throw, full exhaust and headers, stage II clutch, tailgate spoiler in the next few weeks. 19" Varrstoen wheels & Supercharger around christmas :rockon:

BTW, thanks for the props on the saftey glasses. haha

madtrucker

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck & welcome to the Underground!

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys! Yes I was cutting the brace for the bumper/hood latch support. Gonna do the recessed grille mod and didnt like seeing the brace in the middle of the grille. Have to weld in a stiffer peice of metal to support the hood latch cause now its a 2 man job to button the hood lol. Did the Fog Light patch also. Pulled my rear brake drums and wire brushed/repainted black. Also relocating the horn mounts to clean out the front. Debating stenciling TRD on the cooler. Opinions?

Did this stuff the second day I had the truck! HDlights, yella fogs, taillights, short throw, full exhaust and headers, stage II clutch, tailgate spoiler in the next few weeks. 19" Varrstoen wheels & Supercharger around christmas :rockon:

BTW, thanks for the props on the saftey glasses. haha

Awesome choices man!!

christhepike

Reaction score
Thanks, it only has one tiny scratch on the right rear skirt but the rest is flawless and the interior looks showroom new! The previous owner definately took pride in owning this truck and kept her spotless. It only has 78k miles on it so that was a plus not to mention the additional 100k mile powertrain warranty the toyota dealership gave me! Im covered till odo reads 178,000 or 5 yrs!!!

Top Bottom