Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

For everyone who wanted a shorter shifter.

swbjake

Reaction score
So I've seen where a few guys were cutting down they're shifter and remembered something from the 240 crowd.. Instead of cutting why not just install a powered by max adjustible shift knob?
http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/page.php?4
I just ordered mine the other day,
They also offer counter weight for $15 more.
I'll post pics when I get it.

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
I don't think that would make it any shorter than stock unless you got a shift knob that the stick went almost all the way out the other side of it then you would have to make other adjustments like the shift boot top bezel thing getting in the way and if you notice the shifter stick tapers out as you get closer to the trans. If that made sense. I may be wrong and not understanding the way that knob works.

MplsX

Reaction score
If you want that shifter you should buy it. The price is low enough to take a chance. The nice thing about customizing is to make your ride an expression of yourself. Personally I think it looks a little tall and it reminds me of a sex toy. But who cares what others think, if you like it you should get it.

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
Those look like bike handlebars lol

I doubt that will shorten the throw at all, maybe even make it worse because of how tall they are. By far the best option out there is to go with a URD short shifter kit and then get coupe to cut your shifter down to 8.5 inches and fill it with epoxy. That's the combo I have and personally I believe that's the best shifter throw and feel possible.

X-Pablo

Reaction score
Ricer Junk!

Get either a URD Short Shift or even a TRD or B&M Short Shift kit. proven shifters that shorten the throw.

jboy671

Reaction score
Ricer Junk!

Get either a URD Short Shift or even a TRD or B&M Short Shift kit. proven shifters that shorten the throw.

If I understand the product correctly it's not made to shorten the shift throw it's made to shorten the shifter shaft.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
If I understand the product correctly it's not made to shorten the shift throw it's made to shorten the shifter shaft.

It doesn't even do that. You can't physically shorten the shaft without replacing or altering, and it is doing neither of those. Its appears to be just a sleeve that goes around the shifter and allows you to add a motorcycle twist grip (WTF :hmmmm2:) so you can awkwardly grip the shifter lever lower than before.

STONER-X

Reaction score

If you shorten the shaft you shorted the throw ..

The urd kit changed the pivot point making the shaft under the shifter plate longer meaning you move the shifter less to make the under side move more..
Now if you use the urd kit and shorten the shaft you get the best of both worlds....

Now if you remove your stock shift knob and stick you finger in it to the bottom then mark with your finger where it ends at then place your finger over the shifter shaft you will see that the stock knob does a great job of getting the know as low as possible ..

For an adjustable shift know to work lower than stock you will have to remove the black shifter housing and attach it to the shifter shaft resulting in the same type of shifter as a cut and modified ..

I cut mine down and welded it because I did it for free by me.. coupes products are top quality and would save you a lot of headache to get that shift knob to work as you described ..

Outburst

Reaction score
find someone with a urd ss with a coupe cut shifter. it'll make you want it and probably regret buying the adjustable shift knob.

in order to get a shorter throw, you need to do one thing really. move the fulcrum of the shifter. so whether you hack up your shifter or extend the bottom of the shifter. either one, you move the fulcrum. if you do both of them, you get an extremely short shift. think super tiny miata/mx-5 short shifter. thats how short it feels to me.

if you do get this product, do a review on it. i'd like to hear how it feels. but i still urge you to try out the urd ss with coupe mod, or any of the coupe modded short shifters.

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
So I've seen where a few guys were cutting down they're shifter and remembered something from the 240 crowd.. Instead of cutting why not just install a powered by max adjustible shift knob?
http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/page.php?4
I just ordered mine the other day,
They also offer counter weight for $15 more.
I'll post pics when I get it.

I feel like my computer got a virus just opening the page ^ lmao :ahhhhh:

swbjake

Reaction score
It's not so much to make the shifter shorter but to be able to adjust the height, you can take the cap off the top of the shifter and it has 2 lock rings like a coilover..
And for the guys who make they're shifters at home and they come out a little short..
I enjoy the shift knob and keep it raised up all the time..
I'll post pics later of it

STONER-X

Reaction score
Not knocking the shifter... I think it will be cool to have the adjustability..

If you raise it up further than the stock knob then you will have a longer throw for the shifts... But on a plus side the "arm" force will be less with the increased legnth ..

Maybe it will work out for the better .. Is it possible we are going the wrong way with our grind boxes for a transmission?

Top Bottom