Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

For whoever wants to know, THIS CARSEAT IS AWESOME!

NautiX

Reaction score
I had to buy a new carseat for this 2012 X-runner. The 2008 x-runner that I test drove here in Utah with the older back seat set up worked fine with my my existing carseat. Then I drove to California to buy this 2012 x-runner and when I got home the carseat didnt fit!! Mostly because of the really silly headrests.

But wow, this new carseat is heaven, and I HATE carseats.

Those things spring out like switchblades and just clip it right in! "FASTBACK" its called.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 252

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Very nice for those who are worried about having an x with kids. And I didn't know the new xr's came with black carpet...very jealous. Lol

o5oldblue

Reaction score
looks great. Let hope you NEVER have to test the safety aspect of this.

Murderface

Reaction score
I got this stand from another member who sold his X, with the SubX u can't put the rear seats down
453ba95a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GR6RR

Reaction score
I want to take my back seat head rest out!

nick_gz1

Reaction score
Damn Murda that stand looks kinda shady haha but if it works that's all that matters!

redarkx

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the new backseat at all. But I do like that carseat. Hopefully I won't have children and need to use one though. :)

NautiX

Reaction score
Nice car seat.
Where and how much was that seat.

$200 @ Toys/Babies R Us

It says its $369 on Amazon :dontknow:

There is no way $200 could have made me happier. I go out and take this seat in and out a few times a day just for the thrill. :stupid: :smile:

NautiX

Reaction score
I got this stand from another member who sold his X, with the SubX u can't put the rear seats down

This guy loves him some bass!

Bass > kid :biggrin:

Attachments

• 453ba95a.jpg
    453ba95a.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 171

sinister07

Reaction score
I'm still rockin the rear facing since my son is so young. It kinda sucks because it forces you to put the passenger seat so far forward. Can't wait till he is old enough for one of these seats.

Murderface

Reaction score
Damn Murda that stand looks kinda shady haha but if it works that's all that matters!

Nothing shady about it. It straps itself to the rear seat and is very stable. Trust me I wouldn't endanger my kids lives at all

adamewwy

Reaction score
It is mos def safe. I have seen similar setups on other extended cab trucks before. No Father would have a setup that wouldn't be 100% safe for their kid. I'm a Dad-to-be so I can kinda relate.

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
Reaction score
Great engineering on your part, the forces of the impact, if their is one will go directly to the floor on a right angle and looks very beefy....Nice job.

bigdreams

Reaction score
I want to take my back seat head rest out!

Man, I wish I had head rests in the back seat. My daughter is at the age/height to be able to use just the booster seat. But I can't let her due to lack of a rear seat head rest. I have to keep her in a full car seat :thumbdown:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Man, I wish I had head rests in the back seat. My daughter is at the age/height to be able to use just the booster seat. But I can't let her due to lack of a rear seat head rest. I have to keep her in a full car seat :thumbdown:

Full car seat is safer in the 05-08 X-Runners. My kids are too tall for the full seat and now use the backless type.

There is no head restraint system in the 1st gen X-Runners and the kids' heads rest on the rear glass.

If we get rear-ended, their heads are going through the glass and necks are bending back on the jagged glass! :ahhhhh:

I went to Toyota to see if they had some type of retro-fit kit for the rear headrests, but they don't.

I love my X, but love my kids more. I may have to get rid of the X for their safety. :thumbdown:

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Or just don't drive them in the X and use a different vehicle!

Top Bottom