Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

found this throttle body today

cowboy bebop

Reaction score
There's two things that I would be concerned with.

Firstly would be how far the 2mm overbore is taken. If it's overbored for the entire TB top to bottom, does it have a larger TB blade? If it's not bored all the way through, then the TB would still be effectively the stock size.

Also even with a larger TB, it would seem that the neck of the intake manifold or at least the TB flange opening would be stock size, so in turn that would still be a bottleneck.

Thoughts?

Eric

what is the 2uz? did u mean 2jz? lol i feel retarded :thumpdown:

2uzfe Toyota 4.7L V8 with a good size 78mm internal bore TB.

Eric

Last edited:

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
Firstly would be how far the 2mm overbore is taken. If it's overbored for the entire TB top to bottom, does it have a larger TB blade?

Eric

I had the same question, guess I can call them and ask, i thought it was a dumb question, lol, I am not too familiar with this mod, besides the basic physics of increase diameter = more air.

zrgray

Reaction score
I would hope $250 would bore all the way through and replace the butterfly. If it was just boring it out and keeping the factory butterfly... It would be a total rip off...

cowboy bebop

Reaction score
Then there is the question of the stock TB flange and neck. If those can't be bored out then tt's still effectively a stock system.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So then we need someone to measure the stock intake plenum as well. See if it is slightly larger or the same size. That would let us know if it is worth it. Also, if the plastic could be bored out 2mm also? I can take a look at mine, but don't have the proper tool to accurately measure the diameter.
Never know

Eric, you bring up a lot of good points.

Last edited:

cowboy bebop

Reaction score
The thing to keep in mind is that if the plastic neck would have to be bored out it could make it very fragile and prone to cracking. If it cracks, it means a new intake mani. Something to watch out for.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree fully. Just need to look at and see if at all possible.
Might not be, or might be. Might just be better all around to get the larger manifold and put the 2uz TB on there.

blastap

Reaction score
The thing to keep in mind is that if the plastic neck would have to be bored out it could make it very fragile and prone to cracking. If it cracks, it means a new intake mani. Something to watch out for.

just so happen we know a guy that can turn out a 2mm bigger opening on a custom mani.

thebenmack

Reaction score
all this big words and fancy numbers hoopla is not doing it for me. i want to see true hp gains.one of you guys with the money tree go ahead and buy one and put it on a dyno.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
does the 150 core mean that they minus that from 250 and if i send in my TB itll only cost me 100 bucks?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Getting a consistent dyno gain is going to be hard to do as well with out a spare... Unless its a big gain then we will be able to see it with out a doubt.

If its less then 5 HP its too little to even be consistent on a dyno.

On a dyno you can swing more or less a couple HP with back to back passes and no hardware changes at all...

If someone dynos this get the TB bored first (providing you have a spare), run your baseline with the stocker, then bolt on the bored TB, try to match coolant temp during your last run and run it again.

This is the only way we are gonna have any idea (if its a small gain).

Last edited:

DemonXrunner

Reaction score
This sounds very good. I don't think that you will get so much power on a stock truck. If you get more air in more air has to come out. It makes sense to get this, but the manifold has to be bigger as well.

I want to see numbers as well.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
does the 150 core mean that they minus that from 250 and if i send in my TB itll only cost me 100 bucks?

Yes sir, that's what a core charge is.

Considering a new TB is 8-900$... That is a pretty small core charge lol.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
thats awesome so even if you do only see about 5-7 hp on an n/a ride and 7-10 on f/i it would be way worth it. those numbers are made up but i figure thats the lowest it could be and still be a good mod. anything less than that and it would be unmeasurable and not worth it.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
The biggest gain is going to be FI for sure, we are really sucking through a straw at this point.

The problem is... Its not going to be port matched (if it even is already I forget), it may just create a ton of turbulence lol.

For guys running a TB Spacer / 7th Injector this is an additional factor to consider.

Hmmm... Meh **** it, its easier just to run more nitrous/boost lol.

There's two things that I would be concerned with.

Firstly would be how far the 2mm overbore is taken. If it's overbored for the entire TB top to bottom, does it have a larger TB blade? If it's not bored all the way through, then the TB would still be effectively the stock size.

Also even with a larger TB, it would seem that the neck of the intake manifold or at least the TB flange opening would be stock size, so in turn that would still be a bottleneck.

Thoughts?

Eric

2uzfe Toyota 4.7L V8 with a good size 78mm internal bore TB.

Eric

I had assumed they would give you a bigger blade... But you know what ASSuming gets you.

Last edited:

cowboy bebop

Reaction score
I'll tell you guys what. I just got of the phone with Ryan form Oklamhoma, and he gave me a good idea. Would there be any interest in a 78mm V8 - 1grfe adapter?

Eric

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
I'll tell you guys what. I just got of the phone with Ryan form Oklamhoma, and he gave me a good idea. Would there be any interest in a 78mm V8 - 1grfe adapter?

Eric

i would be interested, but couple of questions:

1) how much would the adapter be

2) how much is a 78mm v8 tb

3) what about the rest of the set up past that for the trd sc, would there still be a bottle neck?

4) would this work with the 7th injector?

Top Bottom