Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Front Coilovers or Shocks....

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
Any word on this?

I am still working with a company that specializes in custom coilovers, shocks, etc. They have all the measurements and are looking for all the right pieces to make this work.

They are also looking into demand vs research/design cost. I will keep you guys posted once they finish their research.

Thanks Amy

asianized

Reaction score
Sux they don't have yellow koni's for our trucks!! Had those on my civic b4 & loved them!

SooRunner

Reaction score
I'll be happy to be the first one to put them on my truck if you need to be tested.:top:

Roby124

Reaction score
don't know much about this, but if coil overs are made for our trucks, would it be just for the front?

triumphx

Reaction score
^^^Most definetly since we have leafs in the rear

rexrunner

Reaction score
Why cant you just get the measurements of the stock shock and get the parts to make a coilover kit? All you need it collapsed length, how much stroke, mounting situation and ppi for springs..? Speedwaymotors.com and you can make your own front kit...

sinister07

Reaction score
This would be a great mod. I actually wondered why this had not been done as I was installing my XII performance springs on my stock struts with 90,000 miles on them. My last tacoma had a custom long travel suspension on it, I just took some measurements and called sway away and they sent me coilover shocks for the application, then I just had to go on eibachs website, choose the springs I wanted based on what the truck weighed and the spring rate I needed. Then you get to choose your own ride height. This would allow guys to get a custom look based on how they drive, what rims they have ect. But I know this... It won't be cheap. I would guess a "kit" that takes all the guess work out of it an includes everything would be a minimum of 5-600 bucks and could easily be 1000 if you got super high quality stuff.

darthyota

Reaction score
to me all we need is an adapter plate so we can bolt and coil over on that uses a double eye bolt mooting system

sinister07

Reaction score
to me all we need is an adapter plate so we can bolt and coil over on that uses a double eye bolt mooting system

That's an easy thing to make. Just take the plate from the struts we have, make a template and have a water jet guy shoot a few out (unless you want to cut them out yourself), then just attach some grade 8 bolts through the holes, get some prefabed shock tabs, weld em in, gusset them, bada bing bada boom. Then just get the measurements from there and your done.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am using the procomp adapters. The might be the same bolt pattern for your trucks.

sinister07

Reaction score
I am using the procomp adapters. The might be the same bolt pattern for your trucks.

Hadn't thought of that. That's possible. We could prob find out pretty easy. I'm sure someone online knows.

darthyota

Reaction score
That's an easy thing to make. Just take the plate from the struts we have, make a template and have a water jet guy shoot a few out (unless you want to cut them out yourself), then just attach some grade 8 bolts through the holes, get some prefabed shock tabs, weld em in, gusset them, bada bing bada boom. Then just get the measurements from there and your done.

i can do them with my plasma cutter then weld em up myself just gotta set up my garage again :canada:

sinister07

Reaction score
i can do them with my plasma cutter then weld em up myself just gotta set up my garage again :canada:

Wish I had a plasma cutter. I have a welder but it's crap. I need to upgrade. I miss working in a shop where I could just use the shop tools :0

Gunslinger

Reaction score
Wait....they don't offer ANY coil-over kits for the xrunner? Seriously ? Wow...who the hell dropped the ball on that idea ?

BondXII

Reaction score
Ball hasn't "dropped." :) Just been joggling the ball for awhile. With the limited production of these trucks, it's hard to get a manufacturer to commit. No worries though... It will happen in due time.

Stay tuned.

Top Bottom