Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Front End Drop

AbunaiXR

Reaction score
If my front end with djm runs relatively rougher, bottoming out here and there as well as being pretty bumpy, will stock height coils make a noticeable difference? or should i swap out my struts, or do both?

Take into consideration my truck is a 05 with 100K mi.

Im thinking changing both will do the ride some justice.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
You could probably get away with doing just the struts but if you have the extra funds, I would go ahead and do both. Xii performance has a higher rated stock height spring that may also help the bottoming out but the ride might be a little bouncier.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm considering upgrading my front end to the XII coilovers - and will have my stock height XII Eibach coils for sale. Not sure that it will happen soon (maybe in the next few months). But if you're not in a hurry and want some coils with relatively low miles, it would be an option. I can tell you that I run DJM front end with these coils and never bottom out in the front.

SooRunner

Reaction score
Can you run DJM front but with XII coilovers to get alignment close to factory?

BondXII

Reaction score
Yes...you can do both. There's a half a dozen people that can verify so far. You can adjust to stock down to around 2 inches. So you can stay at DJM height...or take her a bit lower. :crinklehair: Not sure how much lower you can take it and still be able to get it aligned though. I have seen some put our drop coils on with DJM and still get it aligned, if that helps give any reference.

SooRunner

Reaction score
Thanks for the info XII...I'm just tired of tire wear on the inside due to negative camber...I'm trying to get even tire wear with the drop that is all...

Top Bottom