Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gaylord Lid Group Buy **OFFICIAL**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xacto

Reaction score
1. DeathShadow 2007 Tacoma X-Runner BSP - X2000 W/Speedstur wing.
2. Harmonius 2006 Tacoma X-Runner RR - X2000 W/Speedstur wing.
3. Alexrunner 2005 Tacoma X-Runner BSP-X2000 W/Speedstur wing.
4. Xacto 2005 Tacoma X-runner SWB -X2000 w/ Speedsturr wing

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I am extending the group buy to 7 people to allow some more board members to get in on this deal!! If no one passed 5 people signs up we will order at 5!!

2. Harmonius 2006 Tacoma X-Runner RR - X2000 W/Speedstur wing.
3. Alexrunner 2005 Tacoma X-Runner BSP-X2000 W/Speedstur wing.
4. Xacto 2005 Tacoma X-runner SWB -X2000 w/ Speedsturr wing

Hitman

Reaction score
I'll let you know later today if i'll get one deathshadow got to check my financial stuff

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I'll let you know later today if i'll get one deathshadow got to check my financial stuff

Sounds cool man! If you can make it happen that would be awesome. This is deal is very close to cost!

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Could I get help installing it up there?

I have no problem buying a case of beer and helping you install it one afternoon up here. It is pretty straight forward to be honest though bro. You can def. do it on your own with a buddy to help lift it.

Alexrunner

Reaction score
I have no problem buying a case of beer and helping you install it one afternoon up here. It is pretty straight forward to be honest though bro. You can def. do it on your own with a buddy to help lift it.

that would be awesome! :biggrin: :top:

Xacto

Reaction score
I have to remove myself from the GB for now, i cant 100% commit yet

Alexrunner

Reaction score
im so stoked about this, Ive been wanting a lid for the longest time, bc i didnt feel right spending more than 1200 on it

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Anyone with a membership on CT or other Tacoma related forums please post a link to this GB!!! I want to order my lid!!!! lol.

Scratchy

Reaction score
Sorry, but I just have to post this;

I bought my Gaylords x2000 in a group buy(on another forum) last year, and I can't recommend this lid 100%.
Don't get me wrong, the paint & finish (carpeting. etc.) is very nice, but the hardware mounting leaves a LOT to be desired.
Most of the issues are due to "universal fit" hardware, but my lid shipped with some very basic things wrong due to shoddy workmanship.

• The rubber strip at the front does not stay on without some kind of adhesive, and it rubs on the front of the bed (squeaks)
  • The left hand latch was partly secured with only one screw and was hanging inside the plastic cover.
  • After a 1000 mile road trip a week ago & find the right hand latch is now just hanging freely in the breeze as well - time to add some more screws.
  • The latching pin hardware is really cheap & will not last.
  • With the rear window open, you can hear the lid & hinges squeaking every time you go over a bump or rough patch in the road
  • The strut mount on the hinges causes the top rail to flex & distort when closing the lid
  • Having the keyhole on the top of the lid makes it easy to scratch up the paint.
It's a nice product, but the execution of the hardware install leaves a lot to be desired.
Be prepared to fix the shoddy latch hardware &/or custom fabricate if you want a secure & sturdy install. Also be prepared to listen to squeaks when driving with the rear window open. I've done several mods to secure quiet this lid, but more are still required.

I would definitely not pay full price for this lid. The money you save in this Group Buy will be used up fixing this lid into what it should have been in the first place.

I'll post some pics & a detailed review in the next week or so.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • With the rear window open, you can hear the lid & hinges squeaking every time you go over a bump or rough patch in the road
  • The strut mount on the hinges causes the top rail to flex & distort when closing the lid
  • Having the keyhole on the top of the lid makes it easy to scratch up the paint.

The three items above I can agree with... but probably the only one that really bugs me is the squeaking --- but if you have music on, you can't really notice it. I figured every lid would make noises. Just didn't think that any lid could be fit THAT securely where it wouldn't move going over bumps. :dontknow:

ellocovg

Reaction score
I'm in the market for one but not sure how this works please inform me. I have a TRD sport quad cab short bed in speedway blue I want the one with a lip on it.

This group buy is for ANY gaylord lid you want. The price of a color matched X2000 Speedstur lid with hardware, dome light, and electronic keyfob is $835.00 + $250.00 to ship.

Total cost: $1,085.00 inside the 48 states (outside the 48 states will cost more to ship). Just copy and paste the list below and ad yourself as well as your information. The information should include your screen name, year and color of truck, and the gaylord lid you want as well as any additional options.

Certified Check, Money Order, Visa & Mastercard are all accepted!!!

To pay by credit card over phone call the shop at 845-567-3908.

Hours of operation are: Tuesday - Saturday 10AM - 6PM EST!

Once your name is on the list with the lid and options you want, you will receive a private message containing your price! Once we have all 10 people (I may take less then 10 we will see how it goes) the orders will be placed!!!

morcheez

Reaction score
hmm i shoulda got mine when i could have for 834 ....over 1000 is just not in my budget....maybe if shipping wasnt a quarter of the darn price:frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom